Wanting to do it again

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

"Hello?"

"Natalia..." my dad begins, taking a long breath. "We need to talk in person, Natalia."

"No, we don't," I say firmly. "Tell me everything right now."

"Nat..."

"Dad, I don't want to hear it, just tell me," I insist.

He finally confesses, "Natalia... I'm sorry if I scared you. But I am a mafia leader." The call goes silent, and even though I already knew this, hearing it from him feels like a revelation.

"You are the heir to my business, to my money. I kept this from you to keep you safe, Natalia. Where are you, Nat?"

"What happened to mom?" I interrupt.

"Your mother was a waste. She held down my business. You wouldn't have everything you've ever wanted if I hadn't gotten rid of her. She was toxic and a whore," he says, his tone shifting drastically.

I don't say anything and quickly hang up the phone. I go to my dad's contact and block it. I can't stand to hear his voice anymore, and the thought of him makes me sick, filling me with rage.

—————

I wake up abruptly to the sound of glass breaking and screams. Panic courses through me as I sit up, my heart racing. I instinctively reach for the nightstand drawer and pull out a gun, something I only knew was there because of my habit of snooping. Under the gun, I find a loaded magazine and a suppressor, which I quickly screw onto the weapon. My phone and the magazine go into my waistband.

I stand behind the door, pressing my ear close to it to listen for any other sounds. Suddenly, the door pushes open, and I move even further behind it, making sure I'm not visible to the person entering. As the door slowly closes, I see a man in all black, holding a gun.

I raise my gun, hesitating for a moment, but when the man turns around, I don't waste any time. I fire, and his body immediately drops to the floor. He clutches his neck, blood seeping out, dying choking on his own blood. I freeze, the gun shaking in my hand, unable to believe I've just taken someone's life.

Gathering my nerves, I carefully poke my head out of the room, scanning to see if there are any more intruders. That's when I notice Bill's room door is left open. I press my body against the wall next to the door and hear someone speaking from inside.

"Clear," a man says as he walks out of Bill's room. His eyes widen when he spots me, but he's too slow to react. I aim and fire, and the bullet hits him between the eyes. His body drops to the floor, lifeless.

The rush of adrenaline surges through my veins, and it's terrifying how the act of taking these intruders down is starting to give me a twisted sense of satisfaction. I move to the staircase and wait for a moment to see if anyone else is coming up.

"Is upstairs clear?" I hear a man's voice from downstairs, and panic sets in. I shift further down the corridor, listening to multiple footsteps coming up the stairs. I need to get out of sight and into Bill's room to avoid being spotted.

"What the fuck?! Call backup," one of the men says as I enter Bill's room. They discovered the bodies, I took a peek out bills room to see the men with their heads turned away from my direction. Perfect. I aim at the man's head carefully recalling toms words. "Aim lower." I stayed focus and, with a steady hand, pull the trigger. The man's body drops the ground immediately.

"What the fuck?! WHO'S THERE?!" The other man frantically looks around, his gun drawn I focus and pull the trigger, and the man drops, clutching his shoulder, his gun sliding away.