Chapter 3: The Hunt

Back to the interior of Blacknoah, Kevin, David, Maurice, Carlos and Bruno were chasing Rugal Bernstein, however, it seemed like the effort from Alpha Team was not being effective at all. The five were running after the mobster when Kevin resolved to approach the general which was busy trying to save his family. "Need help?" he asked his boss searching for a way to help. "We need to find the key from this padlock." Heidern said like he had forgotten that the most part of the mercenaries knew how to break down doors and unlock any type of lock, a padlock was a mere toy. "I don't need this, have you forgotten?" When Kevin approach Heidern soon warned him. "Wait, there's a C3 bomb on and attached to the chain!" Seemed like was already too late, the wire cut off and when everyone was waiting for an explosion, nothing happened. "This bomb is a fake, it's not on!" Kevin yelled after rescuing the general's family. "I will take my family to the chopper, Kevin, I ask you to proceed with the mission, I'll be reaching you soon." That was the general words.

Hidden behind a wall was Rugal, taking cover while several shots were shot towards him, he still yet didn't look worried, he was with a cynical smile printed on his face. "You can entertain me for a while, let the massacre begins." Rugal talked taking the pistol and shooting towards Alpha Team, but his objective was not to hit them, but to earn time. He paused before the magazine ran out of ammo and ran towards the soldiers. "What the...?" Maurice said amazed seeing Rugal approaching him, he was far away from the rest of the team, they all were practically alone when a scream was heard. "Genocide Cutter." Those were the words of Rugal Bernstein using one of his more powerful techniques which he jumps using the left leg on a spin to cut the adversary until he kills him. "AAAAAAHHHHH!!!" the scream from Maurice echoed on the entire place, Heidern was with his family and heard what just happened, he recognized the voice. Without allowing himself to go back to the chopper with his family, Heidern delegated the mission to Kevin and resolved to settle things with Rugal. "Maurice?!" David talked after hearing the scream from his fellow dying and soon saw his body by Rugal's side walking towards him. "Damn you!" David's shout was heard on the middle of shots from his own assault rifle towards Rugal which even totally uncovered used the Maurice's body as a shield against the bullets throwing it away and ran to David on a scaring speed, his right hand took David's head punching his skull against the wall making a crack. "Two." Rugal was counting the dead like it were some kind of diversion, one more from Alpha Team had faced his doom. "How dare...!" this voice was familiar to Rugal which soon looked to the aisle next to him letting go from the David corpse's head and leaving on the ground. "So, you solved to join your men, what about your family?" Rugal asked to Heidern which was angry to see two from his men dead. Suddenly, a battle started, Heidern made a X in the air with his arms throwing the Cross Cutter, which was a cut in X from throw like a projectile. The cutting wind did not scare Rugal which soon threw one of his mortal techniques after accumulating energy. "Reppuken!" An energy emerged from the ground against the Cross Cutter from Heidern causing a crash of energies dissipating after a smoke and a great noise, with that, Rugal attacked with his right arm trying to catch Heidern by the head the same way he did to David, but Heidern had combat experience and held his arm with his two hands just in time, trying to kick his face with his left leg. Rugal jumped back retreating and evading the attack sighting Heidern draw a knife. "Don't let me end the fun so soon." Rugal grumbled to Heidern being on pressure. "Now!" Carlos and Bruno joined Heidern with their assault rifles targeting Rugal, the time to kill him was now. Shots were triggered targeting Rugal which simply extended his right hand forming one kind of green energy barrier undoing completely all the bullets shot against him, the technique was know as Dark Barrier. "As expected from the world black market leader." Heidern said angry attacking with his knife, but was ignored by Rugal, which ran towards him just to evade his attacks and approach the other two members from Alpha Team. "Four." Rugal said raising the two with his hands on their necks almost strangling them. "No!" Heidern shouted turning around to confront Rugal which soon after hearing Heidern threw the two soldiers towards him still alive. "Captain... save yourself..." were the last words from Carlos which died with Rugal shooting his own rifle against him and his partner, Heidern would be next. So, the experienced general attacked cutting in half the rifle with his technique Moon Cutter, in which he formed a decreasing moon around him.

Kevin managed to get to the surface with the general's family safely, his next step would be to get to the escape chopper and ensure that their lives were be safe. "Freeze!" One of Rugal's guards managed to stop Kevin, Sandra and Clara with a pistol targeting his head. Kevin rase his hands in surrender, worried with his incomplete mission, until shot sound was heard, the guard was shot on the scruff and fell dead. "Headshot!" Shouted Alex with his hunting rifle watching the general's family from the distance with the rifle's scope. "You get excited for nothing Alex." Jim said to his partner taking cover after having wasted many bullets to protect him which was laid down. "It's the general's family, I just saved them." Alex said to Jim scared with the news. "And where is the general?" Asked Jim worried. "I don't know, but the two are alongside Kevin, he was really caught off guard." Alex commented "Are we safe?" Kevin asked backing to combat position with his gun until he got surrounded for two fellows. "Hurry up Kevin!" George talked waiting for them along with Steve, William was still cleaning the area.

Rugal was climbing up the stairs to the gallery deck which was the closest deck to the surface, after having his gun broken by Heidern he decided to deceive him a little 'running away' when he was actually on the search for the rescued family, the big mobster would not let nothing without paying back. At the gallery deck one voice drew his attention. "Rugal!" Heidern shouted running after his adversary. "I bet you have planned your escape too, have you not?" Rugal asked smiling and seeing that the general's family was not inside the aircraft carrier anymore. "Ray, can you hear me?" Heidern took his radio and tried contact with the captain from Bravo Team.