Chapter 5: Ki

Inside the chopper, John was on the pilot bench waiting to leave, he knew that the security from the general's family was the priority and he did not want to fail. "Captain Ray, what is happening?" Kevin asked to the Bravo Team captain which arrived now meeting with Alex and Jim who were scared. "He is not... human." Ray said breathless trying to breath in front of Kevin, Alex and Jim. "So, he found you too." Alex replied Ray knowing what he meant. "They told me, Rugal is after our lives, isn't it?" Kevin asked Ray trying to help him. "It is not just it, he seems to have exterminated good part of the Alpha Team, now the general wants us to run away with his family, we have no time to lose." Ray said to Kevin which was letting the two ladies inside the chopper even after so much disagreement. "We cannot leave without my husband." Heidern's wife highlighted that she was not leaving without his presence. "We have a submarine nearby, we can use it to escape, you need to go first." Ray tried to tranquilized the two who were desperate until Heidern was spotted far away by Alex, he was threw on the ground and was not raising up anymore, Rugal was going after them. "We need to do something." Jim said seeing they were without alternatives. "He could not have killed the general" Alex said recklessly making the general's family, wife and daughter to leave the chopper with bustle and running after Heidern. "Damn Alex, you did not have to tell them!" Kevin said inside the chopper. "They would see anyway." Alex replied angry noticing that Rugal did not even care with the two going to fallen Heidern. "He is coming at us." Jim said worried. "There is a way to give him an end." Ray said entering the chopper and giving a sign for Alex to enter too. "What do you mean?" Alex asked and Ray gave the sign to John to take off. Jim was the only one outside the vehicle. "We need you to stay alive Jim, get on the chopper, I don't want to send one of my men as bait." Ray solved to trade place with Jim who was ready to leave. "This is a military chopper, we can just strafe Rugal with machine guns, besides Alex, stay with your eyes sharp in the classic pose of sniper, you are going to fight by the air, I will try to buy some time by the ground." Ray explained the plan until the chopper finally took off flying over Blacknoah.

Heidern raised up and soon seeing around him, his wife and daughter. "Why did you come back for me?" Asked nonconformist with the situation they were on. "Dad!" His daughter hugged him and he keeping an eye on Rugal from behind which was walking to Ray. "So Rugal, can we start?" Ray challenged him to a battle. "That is brave from your part, I thought that only your leader was so careless." Rugal proudly walked to him without any fear, Ray aimed at him with his assault rifle and he kept walking. "You can be strong, but no human is bulletproof." Ray said unloading the most part of his ammunition on him. "I am not bulletproof, but I can avoid it in a natural way that's being a perfect fighter." Again, the Dark Barrier was made undoing the projectiles launched against him. "Bingo!" Was Alex's shout from the chopper with his target on Rugal's head, the same then shot and a silence took over the place, the bullet seemed to not have gone. "It can't be, I was sure that I shot him." Alex grumbled shooting one more time at his target which has not suffered anything, no bullet had touched him. "It seems like your friends know something..." He undid the Dark Barrier and took advantage when Ray stopped shooting to teach him one thing. "The barrier is made from only one side which could let the user vulnerable from the back, but it's made from the body energy, something that we call Ki." Ray then noted that the two projectiles that Alex have shot were floating around Rugal which was issuing an energy seen like a windstorm on the ground. "I don't understand." Alex nonconformist insisted to harp on the same string. "Calm down Alex, if you have not hit him, I will hit him." John talked piloting the chopper and putting his finger above the button from the gatling gun of the vehicle. "Take cover!" That was what he said via radio to Ray and Heidern.

Ray started to run, running away from Rugal that simply was walking without hurry. "Now is our chance!" Kevin said seeing John shooting the gatling gun from behind Rugal, hitting all the floor from the surface of the aircraft carrier. The Ki from Rugal was stopping the bullets before hitting him, while the others were hitting the floor, Rugal then stopped and he solved to end Ray's life just there. "Reppuken!" A great energy was emerging from the solo and was quickly sent to Ray which did not have time to run away and was full hit. "It seems that it will be me the one to handle him." Heidern raised up giving his family a sign to stay still while he walked to his enemy. "Ray died?" Kevin asked worried watching all from the chopper. "No bullets hit that monster." Alex whispered losing his hope. "John, let's go down and save the general's family along with him; we need to retreat." Jim was right, that was the best thing to do at the moment.

Rugal stopped by Ray's corpse to be certain he was really dead; however, he was mistaken. "I thought about keeping a parting gift for you Rugal." Ray talked on the ground and without any strength left he opened the coat from the uniform showing grenades around his whole body that were just activate after he removed the pin. "I see you in hell." Ray smiled sarcastically exploding himself alongside Rugal, what raised a great smoke and nobody could tell anymore that fight result, until finally, the chopper landed again. "General, climb!" Shouted Kevin while Jim was leaving the chopper to take the family from the general back to the vehicle. The dust went down and what was visible was Rugal full of wounds on the body, even so he seemed immortal.

Heidern after seeing that scene just worried about his family and his men and then ran to the chopper. Rugal was irate, even so he was laughing that none mortal would hurt he so badly to kill. "This will be more interesting than I thought." He spoke loud chasing the general that was running the opposite way. "Sandra and Clara, enter now!" Heidern said putting his hand above the shoulder of his daughter and taking his wife to the chopper. Rugal stopped nearby the place and launched another Reppuken that hit Jim, killing him consequently. "He jumped throwing himself on the way between the technique and the general's family!" Alex shouted angry leaving the chopper and going to Rugal.