Chapter 20: Just a Sport

The next morning started at Korea, the dojo wasn't simple, it was a place very wide and with expensive equipment, a lot of punching bags and weights to a complete training, among others academic devices in the middle of it all. "So, what do you think of the place?" Kim asked wearing weights underneath his Tae Kwon Do uniform, used to improve the muscles strength and speed, familiarizing with a heavier movement. "What do we do?" Chang scratched the head wanting to understand how it all would work with a despondency face. "We three are going to train like a team to The King of Fighters tournament from his year, it's the first time that the tournament is treated like an official tournament, in the last two years was some kind of tournament we could call an underworld tournament, since the organizers were great evildoers." "We will be forced to fight strong opponents, buddy-boy?" Choi whispered to Chang that was a known his from the jail, now they would be partners and friends. "All of this seems painful..." Replied with much discretion the big one. "You seem to have some doubts." The young man hinted noticing the disinterest from both. "When you said evildoers is that a sign that we're gonna fight someone even stronger at this new tournament's final?" Chang seemed confused like always and disinterested, since Choi and Chang didn't have a determination so high as Kim and his sense of justice. "It seems that this time someone calling himself R will be on the tournament charge, strong fighters from the entire world must be on that competition, I would be surprised if it wouldn't be hard." A kick was given on the punching bag by Kim wearing his weights that he was not so used. "I like to wear these weights on my training and I believe that for you it would be also useful, although I must admit that you Choi are already a fast fighter and which moves easily while our friend Chang didn't have a great mobility but is already used to handle heavy things, help yourselves, we have some time before the tournament begins, I'll be heavy with you so you can have the maximum use at this rehabilitation project, this tournament will turn you into new men." The other two just paid attention and awaited the long day of a training they were not used to.

At the USA, Heavy D! and his friend Lucky Glauber were trying to contact the football player Brian Battler and for that, they went to one of his games and analyzed what the football fans already knew, Brian temper was not good and he was inclinable to violence. At the end of the game, they search to know the player with an invitation to the tournament at hands, in the case of something so important they believed that would be enough for the three to enter into an agreement. The team took some time to leave the stadium after a good part of the crowd had already left, the two just waited. "I have to admit that I didn't see you so happy like that since a long time ago." Lucky was happy for his friend restoring the dream to go back to the fights, he just was not so sure about Brian Battler but he thought that trying was fundamental. "If he accepts the bid, we have to get ready for what will come, this tournament fighters can't be easy." Heavy D! spoke with his arms crossed and with his back touching the wall until he heard a door opening and some players from the team leaving separately, each one taking his course. "I think it's best to stay alert." The tall basketball player warned Heavy D! and already saw from a distance the MVP of the year at the water drinker which walked to them. "Brian Battler?" Lucky called the player that seemed to recognize that Lucky also was a sportsman. "What do you two want? If it's about autograph be quick that I'm in a hurry." Brian was from a certain way a gross man, but he liked his fans so he didn't like to pass a bad impression to the ones who admired him. "It's not that, man. My name is Lucky Glauber, I'm a karate champion and was also a professional basketball player, my friend here is also good at sports." He touched on his friend's shoulder that uncrossed his arms. "I don't know if you know me but my name is Heavy D!, I was once a professional boxing fighter but due to an accident during a fight I ended up expelled." The two approached him in a gentle way but they didn't explain the motive of such approach. "I think I remember you; you have a great reputation despite that tragedy." The talk was just about sports but the time was short for Brian that day and he wasn't a patience man. "Even so, tell me what you two want with me because I need to do some stuffs yet." He wiped his hair with a towel that was on his shoulder. "I received this invitation, maybe it's best for you to read it." Heavy D! handed over the letter that was inside the invitation envelope with the initial R. After reading for a while, he was starting to understand the situation from both men. "King of Fighters? You two were invited to enter?! As I can see is just valid the entry of teams with 3 people and I see just 2 of you what makes me believe..." Brian gave back the letter to Heavy D!. "Yup, I was invited and I called my friend here to join my team, we need a trio and I thought that would be good if you could come to terms with us and enter this tournament as well." As a boxer and with a friend which is a karate fighter, he didn't understand what made them chose him, or maybe he suspected "Look, I'm not a professional fighter, but yes, I have my moments of running with the ball and knock some players." Brian Battler knew that his reward could be very good, he just wasn't acquainted with these types of things. "What are you talking about? You're the MVP from the year and we know that your behavior has been violent, what do you say to me about that Tackles? I already saw you using tackles even unnecessary at certain circumstances." Lucky was just hearing his friend talking and also knew that player liked what he used to do. "It can even be true that I overdid with tackles, that turns out to be even threatening, it's true that I love to fight for the ball If that's necessary." At one point of view, the three really weren't so different, one fought boxing about to cross the line, the other one liked to fight on the street while the football player wasn't the friendly type. "Just want you to know that I'll want a good part of whatever is waiting for us as a reward, you can count on me." They tried then to enter a deal of when they would start the training.