Chapter 24: King of Fighters 94 Opening

One year ago, Osaka, Japan.

It was a beautiful morning in Japan where a fighting tournament was happening. The Japanese young man who was still in the high school would fight against the judo gold medalist heavy man. "So, you're Goro Daimon. I already heard of you so I need to fight serious now." The two were facing each other on their arena and soon the referee allowed them to fight.

"Jirai Shin!" That was the name from one of Daimon's moves where he uses his two hands to clash with the ground and make a little earthquake to knock down his opponents and Kyo felt it.

"What's wrong with that quake? I need to win this fight fast." Kyo got up from the ground and released some flames on the ground coming from him and going towards Daimon, that was the "108 Shiki Yami Barai." Daimon had difficulties with the speed and his mobility to evade the fast flame receiving it and following him to the ground. Daimon couldn't stand up and the victory was from Kyo Kusanagi, the finalist.

Kyo went to Daimon and helped him stand up after the fight giving him his hand. "You sure is a talented young man." Goro Daimon said it to him. "I feel honored hearing that from a gold medalist." After Daimon stood up, the last fighter would be not so nice with him. "Losing to a punk like this just proves your reputation is dirty." That was the arrival of the blond young boy, his hair shooting up into the sky. His style was flamboyant and he reached the final just before Kyo.

"You seem to me just a talkative guy with no action." Kyo provoked the blonde man. "What did you just say?" Benimaru got angry and their fight was about to begin.

"From one side we have Kyo Kusanagi and from the other side we have Benimaru Nikaido. That is the final. Get ready! Fight!" The announcer and the referee gave the green light for the battle to begin.

"Raijin Ken!" Benimaru started with his electric punch hitting Kyo and sending him to the ground. "So, you have electric powers. That could be useful." Kyo said complimenting his opponent already standing up. "You don't lose so easy, huh." Benimaru said getting embarrassed after talking so bad of him. "100 Shiki Oni Yaki." Was the name of Kyo's move which he jumped spinning around releasing flames from one of his hands. Benimaru was caught in the blow and hit the floor taking so much time to got up and lost the battle, and the tournament winner was Kyo. "Congratulations Kyo, sorry for underestimating you." Benimaru Nikaido apologized to Kyo.

One year latter...

Osaka, Japan.

Kyo and Yuki were on a date midday eating on a cafeteria. "So, it was so nice from you to get me here and pay for both of us." Yuki said thankfully. "That was not a problem, my concern is about making you happy." Kyo replied to his girlfriend. Sometime later when the date was over, Kyo left with Yuki to take her home. And when they arrived...

"Thank you Kyo, it's good to see you always being a gentleman." Yuki was grateful. "Don't mention it, when you need it, I'll always be there for you." Kyo replied his girlfriend and left to his home.

Arriving there, Kyo could see his mother only. "Mom, is everything all right?" Kyo asked her "A letter had arrived to you, you better read it quickly. It seems important." His mother replied. "Thank you, mom, where is it?" His mother said it was at their dojo. Kyo went to the dojo and found the letter feeling strange about his father not being there. He then saw the recipient written as his name and Team Japan. He opened the 'R' seal stamped on the envelope to read the letter. "We are opening King of Fighters 1994 following the time honored custom. This year we will adopt a special rule of competition between teams of 3 fighters. That's all... [R]" Kyo read it all and thought only on two persons to help him on that.

At the streets, near a bridge. Benimaru was like as usual playing his guitar with his long hair who used to be up, was down. "Benimaru, so you're playing it again. It's good to see you improved." Kyo appeared to him. "Thanks, I'm just trying my best. What brings you here?" Benimaru asked. "I received an invitation to a tournament which requires a team of three fighters to join it, I would like you to help me represent the Japan Team." Kyo gave his message. "Off course I'm in." Who do you intend to call now, or you already have another team mate?" Benimaru asked. "I want to call Goro Daimon at his judo academy and would like you to follow me there, so I can read the invitation." Kyo replied and Benimaru nodded his head.

At the Judo Academy, Daimon was training his disciples making sure they learned well his lessons. Kyo and Benimaru arrived together asking about him and waiting for him outside. "Kyo and Benimaru, what brings you two here?" Daimon was happy to see them again. "I got an invitation to a tournament called King of Fighters; for someone to join it requires a team of three fighters, I was thinking if you could be the third one from the Japan Team." Kyo invited his friend. "What an honor, I accept it." Daimon replied with joy. "Now I would like you two to read it." Kyo let them read for them to give their opinion about who could be 'R'.

The day for the tournament to happen had arrived. A plane exclusive from the tournament took the tournament's fighters to start and explain the rules.

Japan Team, Italy Team, Mexico Team, Brazil Team, China Team, England Team, USA Team and Korea Team.

"I'm here to take you from stages and to guide you until the final, we will now see the tournament bracket. Please, each one representing a team will take a sphere with a number from 1 to 8, that will determine who will you fight." The secretary Mature was explaining to them.

After everyone did as she said the tournament bracket was decided.

England Team VS USA Team Brazil Team VS Korea Team Mexico Team VS Japan Team Italy Team VS China Team.

"The first fight will be from England Team versus USA Team. Now we need to know whose team will have the privilege to fight home. If England decides it, it will be London and if the USA decides it, it will be Brooklyn, New York." Mature was teaching them how did it worked.

"Head or tails?" Mature asked deciding the stage by lucky while the two representants from their country chose which side of the coin could be the winner.