Celebrate.

"Woah...so THIS is what a cruise ship is like?" you asked. Dazai looked at you and nodded. You looked around like a child at a candy store, specifically eyeing the table filled with food and drinks. You held your hands in front of you, trying to restrain from going over the the table and grabbing every sweet you could find. You smiled, but that faded when Dazai walked away with no warning. "Hey, wait! Where are you-?" you cut yourself off as he didn't turn back for a reply.

You huffed, and decided not to worry about it. He must want some alone time from stress. After all, this victory took a lot out of everyone, especially him. He did get shot because of it. A voice of a middle aged man snapped you out of your trance. He was tall, dressed in a suit, with slicked back hair that was dark with some strands of gray, due to aging.

"Champagne?" he asked, holding a tray with impeccable steadiness. "Oh-! Uhm, sure!" you replied. He handed you the glass and walked away before you could get the chance to thank him. You took a small sip. Way better than any champagne you've ever had. You walked over near the table to your coworkers, making some small talk. Apparently, you missed what the President had to say about the punishment the Agency would receive.

"The President said he'd decide our punishment later," Tanizaki said, a smile on his face. You nodded your head, slight dread overtaking you because of it. Taking another sip of your drink, you got the courage to take a cupcake, feeling more comfortable seeing Ranpo raid the buffet. It was chocolate with vanilla frosting, small gold sprinkles covering it. You unwrapped the wrapper which was also gold, and took a bite. Delicious.

"What a huge party!" you said to Kunikida, who seemed to be less stiff than usual. "Hey, did you happen to see Dazai anywhere?" you asked.

"I haven't. Honestly, I'm surprised he's not glued to your side," he replied.

"Ha ha, very funny," you said sarcastically, "But he did walk with me here. He went somewhere without a word..." You looked behind you in an attempt to see if you could somehow find him that way. You groaned, putting a hand to your forehead. You've had enough of trying not to worry. "Guess I gotta go looking. Thanks anyway Kunikida."

"You're welcome."

You hummed a tune to yourself, the one the quartet was playing as you walked around the ship, with a lot of ground to cover. You roamed the seemingly never ending hallways, feeling the wall as you did so. It was smooth, somewhat cool to the touch. Thinking of the tune you're currently humming, you imagined yourself and Dazai dancing, his arm firmly wrapped around your waist as he danced with you. Your face reddened at the thought, and you subconsciously smiled.

You were beginning to become a bit tired of the walking and searching, seeing no sign of your boyfriend. Then, you realized it.

You never checked the deck.

You facepalmed, and groaned. "Of course," you said to yourself. That was the one place you didn't think to check. You speed walked toward the destination, and just as you thought, there he was. You slowed your pace, looking at him, then looking away. You've never seen him dressed so formally, and it left you breathless. Dazai smiled once he noticed you. You saw a drink on the edge of the ship, which reminded you that you're carrying a glass of your own.

"Hey," you said. "Why'd you run off?"

"I just needed some time to myself. Sorry for the scare Belladonna," he said. You looked away. That pet name always made your heart flutter. "It's alright..." You looked at him closer.

"Look at you, not wearing your bandages...I don't think I've ever seen you without them," you said. A true statement. His collar covered his neck, but you could still see a small scar. You chose to not mention it. 

"Astute observation," Dazai joked. You laughed, then leaned your head on his shoulder. Looking at the view, you understood even more why he'd left to be on his own.

The sunset was gorgeous, the city so far away being outlined by the sun. The clouds looked pink in front of a light purple sky. You closed your eyes and breathed in. You smelled Dazai's scent. It smelled like coffee and cologne that smelled like teakwood. It comforted you greatly. You opened your eyes, feeling Dazai's hand snake around your waist, pulling you closer. You tried not to giggle as you remembered Kunikida's comment.

"Sorry you had to go through so much," you said, a sympathetic look on your face. "It killed me knowing you were in pain."

"Don't worry about it, Dear," he replied. "It's not your fault. I'm sure you did just fine without me." You smiled, your heart feeling warm.

"Toast?" you asked, pulling away from him while raising your glass. Dazai chuckled, then raised his, seemingly untouched, as if he waited for you. "What to?" he replied. You looked away, furrowing your eyebrows, then looked Dazai in the eyes, a much more pleasant expression on your face.

"Let's pick our own thing to say, and say it at the same time," you suggested. Dazai nodded. You raised your glass higher, a somewhat signal saying to speak.

"To your strength."

"To your strength."

You widened your eyes for a second, then giggled, a warm smile on your face. You two clinked your glasses together, and took a sip of champagne.

So THIS is what a cruise is like.