Baby, It's Cold Outside.

"A little to the right...more, more...stop! A tiny bit to the left...stop again! Perfect!"

You and Dazai were decorating a Christmas tree, and due to your height, Dazai was stuck with finishing of the tree by putting the star on top.

The tree was large, its skirt snow white with glittery snowflakes. A large ribbon surrounding the tree matched the silver glitter on the skirt, while the ornaments were a beautiful mix of white, silver, and a deep red. Peppermint candy canes matched the decor. The star, which your thankfully tall boyfriend just placed, was white, and glowed brightly. The light reflected to the ceiling, making the same shape at the star itself.

You both looked at your handiwork, then made a high-five with both hands. You became more aware of the classical Christmas music playing in the background, now that you didn't have to focus.

You gave an airy laugh, hearing the cheesy, romantic songs about cuddling and kissing under the mistletoe. You hummed along, and soon enough you two were dancing, swaying with the music. You completely forgot about the other decorations you were going to use to adorn your house, caught up in the moment. The butter sitting out for making cookies was left untouched, a fresh jug of milk bought for the sweets also waiting.

Deciding enough was enough, you pulled away, much to Dazai's dismay.

"Hey! What was that for?" he whined. You laughed.

"Do you want cookies or not?"

Suddenly, Dazai had no problem with you breaking the contact. You smirked with a playful huff, walking off to the kitchen.

Stirring together the wet ingredients, you felt a pair of arms snake around your waist, causing you to smile. You both began to sway back and forth the music that was playing. You sighed, and giggled.

"You're only doing this to have a beaker when I'm done making the dough, aren't you?"

"Yup."

"Fine," you replied with a grin.

Dazai got the beaker he wanted, while you put the first batch into the oven before deciding to lick the other beater.

The rest of the night was filled with movies, talking, baking more sweets, and Dazai begging to know what his present will be.

"Pleaseee! I have to know! Suspense is killing me!" he pleaded with puppy dog eyes. You huffed.

"It's only five days. You won't die!"

"Sadly," Dazai replied cheekily. You punched his shoulder. "Ow! How could my own partner do this to me?!" he wailed.

"Oh, shut up you jerk!" you said, smiling. "I know you still love me."

Dazai laughed. "I do."

_____

I'M SO SORRY THIS IS LATE AND SHORT FAMILY TROUBLES AAAA