But As Long As You'd Love Me So.

You were at a Christmas party with the Agency. Another win combined with the holiday season made this function seem necessary. The place smelled like cookies and cinnamon and vanilla, along with gingerbread cookies that were on display. The slight sound of Christmas music made the atmosphere somewhat cozy, inviting. The kitchen, where you stood, had that same feeling, the scent of freshly baked cookies more intense.

You were making some small talk with Yosano about non-serious matters, just what you needed after such a stressful mission. You had a small smile on your face as you were speaking.

"You know, you saying that reminds me of the time when me and Dazai went-" You gasped before you could even finish your sentence, feeling a pair of arms snake around your waist. The shock only lasted for a second, then you looked up to see your boyfriend's face. Your smile got wider at the sight of him, and your heart fluttered because of the contact.

"Me and you went where?" he inquired, joining in on your conversation. Yosano rolled her eyes playfully at the sappy display.

"When we went to the store and the bag you were carrying broke," you said, snorting. Remembering that never failed to make you laugh. The face Dazai made was priceless. Dazai pouted.

"It's not my fault that store carries weak bags that can't handle groceries!" he defended jokingly. You responded by turning around and hugging him properly, loving the soft feeling of the turtleneck sweater he was wearing. You seemed to completely forget Yosano in front of you. She simply sighed and walked away, probably looking for better wine, as she was quite disappointed with her selection.

Once you let go, Dazai led you toward a table designated for drinks, non-alcoholic and alcoholic.

"Eggnog?" he offered.

"Bleh," you replied, your face scrunched at the thought. He grabbed a cup that had mistletoe printed on it, and poured himself a glass.

"More for me!" You giggled and chose your own drink. You two walked toward the front of the house, where the fireplace was. Taking a seat on the couch, you took a sip out of your cup, placing your hand on top of Dazai's. You stared at the dancing fire.

"This is pretty much your first Christmas, huh?" you asked, referring to his childhood that didn't really have time to celebrate events like this.

"Christmas Eve," Dazai corrected. You rolled your eyes.

"Same thing! Really though. It is, isn't it?" He nodded, his expression slightly faltering. You set down your drink, and let your head fall onto Dazai's shoulder, closing your eyes.

"Well, I'm glad I get to spend your first Christmas with you," you said, blushing a bit. Then, you snapped your eyes open. "Wait!" you exclaimed, "Don't move! I'll be right back!" You rushed to your car, coming back in about three minutes, carrying a package. You were a bit out of breath from running to the parking lot and back.

"This is for you." Dazai made a look of confusion.

"Dear, we still have a few hours until I can open this," he said.

"Oh, hush! In my family, it's tradition that you get to open one present before Christmas!" you exclaimed, practically shoving the gift into his hands.

"Alright, then," Dazai said, taking a closer look at the present. It was carefully and beautifully wrapped with silver wrapping paper, and a gold ribbon and bow. It wasn't heavy, and when he tore the paper, an album was revealed. Dazai took the rest of the paper off, looking at the cover.

"Best Memories," the title read. You wrung your fingers in anticipation, biting your lip. You knew that this was what you wanted to give him when you got together for your first Christmas together. Dazai opened the album, and was met with a picture of him at the cafe under the Agency. When he flipped the pages, more and more memories rushed into his head.

There was a picture when you two were on your first date, and one at a concert, and one where you were both at a festival, along with many pictures of him alone, all in different locations, but with the same charming smile. The album was almost full, and Dazai couldn't help but give a warm grin while flipping through the pages. You smiled at his reaction, your months of work paying off.

"Do you like it?" you asked. Dazai looked up from the book.

"Like it? No, I love it!" he said, placing it aside, and getting up to hug you. You returned it gladly, the embrace being perfect. Not too tight, but not too soft either. When you let go, you saw Dazai's arm in the air, along with a cheeky smile on his face. Cocking a brow, you looked up. Mistletoe.

You chuckled, gently grabbing both of his cheeks and kissing him warmly. When you pulled away, Dazai pulled you back in for another. You smiled, taking the mistletoe out of his hand.

"Wanna go home?"

"Not before we grab some of the sweets over there." Dazai winked.

"The cookies I make are much better!"

"Fair," Dazai said. "Let's go." He grabbed your hand, leading you to your car.

"I'll see you very soon, Love."

_____

Idk how many of you are like "it's Christmas" the moment it turns November but I'm def like that 😭😭 that and I got inspired by the art <3