A surprising encounter

During the ongoing case, the BAU team encountered a surprising encounter: Jason Gideon, a former member of the team who left a few years ago. The team members greeted him warmly, and Spencer was particularly excited to see his former mentor again.

Gideon, who always had a good sense of the dynamics within the team, immediately noticed that something was going on between Spencer and JJ. He could feel it in their looks, gestures, and the way they spoke to each other.

Gideon turned to Spencer with a mischievous smile. "Spencer, my boy, you look like you have something on your mind. Is there something you want to tell me?"

Spencer blushed slightly and hesitated for a moment before answering. "Well, it's complicated, Jason."

Gideon laughed quietly. "Complicated, you say? You probably remember our conversation a few years ago when you told me that JJ was the only one who called you 'Spence'."

Spencer swallowed hard, remembering that conversation and how excited he had been back then. He couldn't imagine how Jason still knew that.

Gideon smiled and continued. "It seems like you've finally worked up the courage to show your feelings for JJ, Spencer. I'm proud of you."

Spencer felt relieved that Jason was so understanding, and he smiled shyly. "Thanks, Jason."

Gideon winked at him. "Don't worry, Spencer. Love is one of the most complex human emotions, and it's completely normal to be nervous. But I think you'll find it's worth the effort. Congratulations, Spencer and JJ. I'm happy me for both of you."

The support of his team and the recognition of Jason Gideon meant a lot to him, and he was ready to take on the challenges that love brought.