A cult? You look like clowns..

Claire Kagenou was an eleven-year-old girl, born within the Kagenou family....and the sole inheritor of the barony of her parents given that they had not been able to make another child.

A matter that had saddened her slightly and infuriated her mother with the baldy of her father.

She had not really care much about what they started arguing with one another when that sore point was brought from time to time, nor why her mother called out her father for the limpness and impotence that had taken hold of him, much to the embarrassment and consecutively even greater shine of the bald spots of his head.

But she knew some of the basis when her mother had promised her to give her a brother as for her birthday. Which meant that having more than one descendant would not only solidify the position and safety of her household, but also prevent the bloodline from expiring completely if tragedy struck.

She knew that the world outside could be dangerous, but the thought of having someone else to play and speak with rather than the servants and her parents who were most of them time busy doing other things had always mitigated that reality, pushed it out of the way...

Which she thought was pretty normal, she may have a lot of duty's and exigences to uphold, but as a child she was free to pursue any dream she had.

...

She was not mad at her parents for failing to give her what she mostly desired, nor she loathed the role she had to follow as the scion of house Kagenou. She was just...disappointed that things were not as cut and dry like the fairy-tales that her mother used to tell her when she was three years old before she got bored and decided to entrust such task to a maid.

She touched the windowsill...and stared wistfully at the sky.

The wind of morning brushing against her face, playing softly against the raven black strands of her hair, and act that would have been nice had the air not been a little more warm up that she would have wanted. She could also hear some clamor from the outside, cromson eyes peering into the bright fields and then into the main door of her home where she spotted the form of a carriage waiting.

The guards guarding the entrance quickly made their way to open the carriage and led the people from the vehicle into the building. She ignored them, probably more friends of her mother and father..

For some reason they had gotten in their heads to host parties here and then. She did not mind much though, but she would have preferred if she did not have to deal with all the people her mother pushed her to talk with while her father made a fool of himself as expected when a bottle of wine made its way into his hands.

Or perhaps it had to do with the way that viscount looked at her...

She sighed. Walking away from the window and back into her room. Her pyjamas had long been tossed aside over the chair that was settled before the mirror of her room.

Young, of fair skin yet the shadow of the muscles she had started to develop with her training started to be noticed.

Her mother had made at first a fuss whether that would made a mess of her figure when she grew older, but in time she was convinced that some times a lady needs to not depend in a man's strength all the time.

Baldys opinion was of course, as always....ignored.

''Well, it seems that is going to happen again..I better get ready before they start-''

Her words died out in her throat, a gasp of pain coming out in their place as something started to burn her in her right hand.

She shifted on her feet, holding the aching hand with her other arm. Clenching her jaw and closing her eyes to a half lid as she did, unknowingly she had taken a few steps back, almost reaching the window-frame.