A butchers bulevard

Speech = ''.....''

Thoughts = [... ....]

ºº

The night had fallen into the broken shores of Yberal..., a pair of dual moons shining rather bright above the countless heads of the thousands of former slaves he had come to free from the clutches of their captors in their dark cells.

A light that was not alone in its task, as it was accompanied by an army of stars that littered the dark void far and beyond where before there had been none. Yet their light felt dim and weak compared with the still raging fires that were even now consuming the place were they were tormented.

A light show that they had come to enjoy far more than the silence solemnity of nature.

From the slope he could see them all more or less

Weary..

Tired....

But above all lost, not used to the soft sands and fresh air of the air to brush against their marred and pale skin.

And yet he could sense that as lost as they were, they were not yet broken.

A fire was brewing behind the depths of those more daring, those who had not fallen into the comfort of a simple, though miserable existence.

It wasn't hope what burned inside them.., no.., it was spite and a deep sense of satisfaction, no matter how dread or confusion dawned from time to time at the emptiness of having no one else to spite.

He knew most of them would perish anyway..., they had been weak to stop their capture in the first place and had been content in being the Shakiris playthings for far too long. The storm that was to come would wipe them out all the same whether they still were chained or not..

Perhaps that was why he felt this was a small mercy, to at least let them taste what they had been robbed before it never occurred again.

Fanciful thinking was it not?

He should have been above such human notions like the rest of his predecessors...

But perhaps it wasn't that bad to have a closer bond to humanity than none at all.

This moment of stillness, bereft of the echoes of blood and the drums of war would be one that would not last for long.

So he made sure to remember it..., for it would too be soon robbed from him.

''Fuck-! Careful there arsehole..!''

The hash voice of a man brought his attention towards a particular soul that had made its way from the beach to his location.

A path that had been impeded by all until he had gone too far to reach him...

''Didn't you hear me? Watch out where you put that thing son or I promise you that I am going to ram it up your ass..''

The knight clad in black did not seem fazed in the slightest, still pinning the old man down with the ease one would hold down a petty child. The silence of his posture and the professionalism were a stark contrast with the erratic movements and colourful words his captive shared.

Around them there were more, though they had not intervened given the weak threat the human posed to them. There was no space in their minds to hold the thought in their minds that such petty and weak man could even pose a danger to their master.