Fluke

Pain. She shouldn't have laid down on her back, or she shouldn't have laid down at all because.....When she went to sit up, she clenched her teeth and breathed in heavily with a small grunt. Too much of her stomach was damaged for her to sit up, and her arms wouldn't provide any, if not any support to help her up. Nonetheless, she needed to move.

She sat up quickly, her eyes watering and her voice screaming out in pain, she knew if she sat up any slower, it would hurt too much, way, way too much. She didn't like to scream, she never screamed all that much, but she couldn't help it, her body automatically released her sounds of grunts, groans, aches and pains. And if the campers were still on the island....

Perhaps they would hear her and come for her. But the thought of them being on the island still was a slim to none chance....Louise had to accept that they were gone now, back home in the safety of their families and warm blankets.....Louise went to stand up and she had felt something in her pocket, 'Huh?'

With her left hand, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a black rectangular shape, "Fuck!" Louise exclaimed, it was the pocket knife that her brother gifted her so she could take it on her trip to Nublar. How could she have possibly forgotten she had this in her pocket? Well, on her part, she hadn't thought she would actually have needed it because it was supposed to be a safe, fun, easy trip....

"We thought it'd be fun. We thought it'd be safe, but......We didn't realize the...horror waiting for us on this island. Claws.....teeth....screaming....so much screaming." Darius was telling a story to the others as they sat around a campfire, Darius had his yellow raincoat on with the hood on his head to add effect. His face was lit up by purely the fire.

The campers sat around him in benches, Ben clung to Kenji in fear, Brooklynn sitting beside Kenji, filming Darius' story, Sammy sat next to Brooklynn, alone on the other bench. Yasmina watched over the balcony, keeping to herself. Louise sat next to Ben, a few inches away from him, closer to Darius. "How much screaming?" Ben frightenedly asked, interrupting his story.

"Shh! He's getting to the good part." Kenji said, leaning in closer with his hands cup together in between his legs. "The T-Rex stalked closer. Her jaws opened wide." Darius started telling his story again, but he had gotten flashed by Brooklynn's camera. "For the vlog. Keep telling your little story." Brooklynn said, waving her hand at him to continue. Louise scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Do you really have to vlog every small detail?" Louise asked. "Yes!" Brooklynn replied.

"Oh, here we go." Kenji said in anticipation.

Darius continued, or he at least tried to. "The T-Rex sta-" Darius was cut off again because of Brooklynn. "Dang! Out of space." Brooklynn said and Kenji groaned, slouching over and putting his fists on the side of his face in disappointment. "Wait, I'm sorry, hold on. I just don't wanna delete my selfie on Everest, you know?" Brooklynn asked. Louise covered her face with her hands, slumping down on the bench, looking down at the ground.

"Maybe I should start over." Darius said, starting to get tired of being interrupted. "No!" Ben yelled. "In fact, you can just stop!" Ben clung onto Kenji tighter. "Dude, chill. He's not even telling the story right now. And how is your grip this strong?!" Kenji asked Ben, his voice going slightly above his normal pitch while he tried to pull away from Ben's grip.

"So, the T-Rex stalked-" Darius began, Louise removing her hands from her face and focusing on him again. "Shouldn't we call Yasmina over?" Sammy asked, making Darius get cut off, AGAIN!"Oh, come on!" Louise whined, "I bet she'd love this story." Sammy added, Darius falling back onto the bench. "Maybe she wants to be by herself." Brooklynn replied as she and Sammy looked back at Yasmina. "I don't understand." Sammy said.