5. Kim Taehyung

Third Person POV :

After the two elder males left, Jungkook walked towards the kitchen, with a pout on his face, thinking how his three hyungs, the only friends of his life, ditched him.

He served the food for him and the stranger and brought them to his bedroom which he thinks he will soon miss so badly. He sighed thinking how he is sacrificing his clothes and bed for a stranger.

The boy sat on the couch, hugging his knees to his chest, eyes wandering everywhere in the room, observing how different everything in this room is from his previous room. He liked this one better. It looks pretty and not scary like the previous one. But it doesn't matter. He will hate this same room very soon cause it is his new cage which he can't even step outside of.

He looked up when he heard the door opening to see the raven-haired male, whom he is feeling somewhat safe to be with now. The male walked closer and took his seat on the other end of the couch after placing the two bowls filled with mouthwatering Japchae on the table.

"Uhm...let's eat?" Jungkook awkwardly smiled. He doesn't even know how to address the other. Jungkook took the bowl and the boy did the same and was about to have a mouthful of Japchae when Jungkook spoke again.

"I am Jungkook. What's your name?" Jungkook decided to clear the awkward atmosphere by having a little conversation or atleast know the name. The boy stayed silent, staring at him blankly, biting his lips harshly, maybe hesitating to speak out.

"It's- it's o-okay, if you are not comfortable. I just thought it would be easier to talk to you if I know your name." Jungkook said not wanting to be more embarrassed.

Silence, once again. Jungkook started eating. And the boy too filled his mouth with Japchae. He liked it. Yes, he liked the food, but what he liked more was Jungkook's company. Someone is having a meal with him and trying to start a small talk. Yet he is hesitating whether to respond to the other's question or not.

Both finished their meal in silence and Jungkook was about to leave the room with the empty bowls. He turned around to see the boy with his eyes showing how surprised he is now when he heard a low voice of the stranger.

"Kim Taehyung."

“Huh?"

"M-my name…. Taehyung.”

He smiled and walked back to the boy and sat down beside him again. "Okay, Taehyung. Nice name...Hmm...you want to talk about...you know…last night's incident?" He smiled genuinely out of delight, but hesitated while asking the boy further. Taehyung lowered his head, looking at his hands, fidgeting fingers on his lap.

"It's okay, if you don't want to talk about it." Jungkook didn't want to press it further. "What about your family? Like...family or any friends to help you? Or I can drop you home if you want me to."

No response.

‘Drop me home? Isn't he going to lock me here? Or send me back there?’ Taehyung thought.

"T-Taehyung?" Jungkook called, hesitantly.

Taehyung lifted his head up, eyes shining with water drops, looking like a lost puppy.

"I mean, anyone we can contact so that we can inform them about you?" Jungkook asked again.

The boy again lowered his eyes, shaking his head, maybe trying to say that there's no one to help him. A few tears fell on his lap.

"It's okay. We can talk tomorrow. You need to take rest now. Call me if you need anything. Good night." Jungkook tried to assure Taehyung that he didn't need to be tense.