Chapter 1: First Encounter

God: Let's continue with the next video.

Ryuuen: This sounds boring as shit. Can we skip some shit? Like near Christmas. Kukuku...

Sakayanagi: Ara~ What happened, Dragon boy? Perhaps you got a romantic day during Christmas. Fufufufu...

Ryuuen: Maybe loli. Let's go back to my room after all of this and I'll show you what happened. Kukukuku.

The girls in the audience gave Ryuuen a look or glare of disgust and horror. Apparently, they misinterpreted what Ryuuen said and mistaken as something immoral.

Sakayanagi: You seemed to be in a bad mood, Dragon boy. Did something upset you? Or perhaps something unpleasant crossed your mind?

Ryuuen: Keep talking and the only unpleasant thing is going to be your crippled ass on the ground.

Sakayanagi: I apologize for the sudden disturbance, Ryuuen-kun and God-san.

God: Okay. Now that the 2 children are done with their fighting, let's begin!

Ayanokouji looked idly out his window, watching the city's scenery change, the bus picked up more and more passengers. Most of them were young people wearing high school uniforms. There was also a frustrated salary worker, who looked like the type to have once mistakenly groped someone aboard a crowded bus. An unsteady elderly lady stood in front of Ayanokouji , wobbling so badly he thought she was in danger of falling.

Ayanokouji was fortunate to have found a seat, but it was still crowded. He forgot about the unfortunate elderly woman and patiently waited to arrive at his destination, his my mind clear as a passing stream. The weather was especially fine today, not a single cloud in the sky. It was so refreshing that Ayanokouji nearly fell asleep then and there. But, the peace didn't last long.

Horikita: I see. It's the same as what happened on that day.

Kushida: So, everyone is the same?

Koenji: My perfect existence shall grace everyone here.

God: Who knows?

God: Hahahaha! Nope. Let's see the chaos that will unfold later!

"Excuse me, but shouldn't you offer up your seat?"

Ayanokouji's eyes, which were about to close, snapped back open.

Huh? Could this person be angry with me?

But Ayanokouji realized that it was someone else being scolded. A young, well-built blond man of high school age had sat down in one of the priority seats. The elderly woman stood right next to him, and another woman stood beside her. This second, younger lady appeared to be an office worker.

"Hey, you there. Can't you see that this elderly woman is having trouble?" the office lady said.

She seemed to want the young man to offer up his seat. Her voice carried quite well throughout the quiet bus, attracting several people's attention.

"That's a really crazy question, lady," the boy said.

Ayanokouji wondered whether the boy was angry, unobservant, or just painfully honest. In any case, he grinned broadly and crossed his legs. "Why should I offer up my seat? There's no reason for me to do so."

Koenji: Did you really think of me like that, Ayanokouji-boy? Surely, you have more brain power in you.

Ayanokouji: That's my first impression based off the first sentence you spoke. Apparently, it seems that I'm wrong.