Chapter 12: Aftermath

God: Onto the next video!

Ayanokouji and Horikita were walking back to Class D after their deal with Chabashira-sensei. The duo remained silent on the rest of the way to the classroom. Horikita was thinking about something on the other hand as the classroom appeared in their sight.

Horikita POV

What is going with me?!?

I can't stop thing about Ayanokouji-kun's words from the time I was with Nii-san the other day. His words struck a chord with me and it was something that bothered me this entire time.

I should do all of this for own sake. Yes... my own sake... for my dreams and ambitions... to catch up with Nii-san.

My way of thinking... Both Nii-san and Ayanokouji-kun believed it's flawed. I... think so too. But, it doesn't change my goals. I must reach Nii-san. That has always been my goal. Ever since I was a little girl.

To achieve that, I must reach Class A. Of course, I understand now that I can't do it myself. Unfortunately, I have this defective class on my side. Their lack of academic abilities and defectives are going to be the biggest problem and will be a constant bother to me. At least I have Ayanokouji-kun. This battle for Class A is not going to be an easy one.

Ayanokouji and Manabu: She's admitting it already?!

Sakayanagi: Such a shame. You're not going to reach that level, Horikita-san.

Ryuuen: Don't worry, Suzune. I'll crush your dreams and hopes. It's good to dream!

Horikita: Ahh... I suppose my thinking was flawed, but out of everyone that made me changed my mind, it was Ayanokouji-kun. Such a strange turn of events from sitting in the same bus to seatmates to this. Also why is Nii-san giving me that look again?!

On another note, I can't believe Ayanokouji-kun just did that. I still don't understand him at all. He received all 50s on the entrance exam and about average scores on the midterm. Is this all a coincidence? Why is he doing this? I believe that he's smarter and sharper than he's letting on. Is he playing as a fool on purpose? His idea to purchase a point for Sudou-kun's English test is something that I would never have thought of. I didn't know that it was possible. This goes against my belief of academic abilities trumping all. Who is Ayanokouji-kun? And why is he hiding? Does he want to reach Class A with me? He does not seem to have too much interest in such feat.

Whatever the case is, there's one thing that is certain. I think I realized it when I was with Ayanokouji-kun. But, I believe that I'm changing and Nii-san looks happy with it. He gave Ayanokouji-kun a knowing look that night and his usual stern face changed for a fraction of a second. Did Nii-san like my changes? I do not know, but I'm sure that I need to change. And I'm thankful that the person that made me change is Ayanokouji-kun.

Thank you... Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: I must be dreaming... This can't be happening.

Manabu: Yes, Suzune! Now that you're grateful to Ayanokouji, please marry him and take care of him to show your gratitude. It's a win-win situation. He enjoys your cooking and your perfect size and you're grateful and appreciative towards him.

Nagumo: Horikita-senpai is getting stranger by every video we watch. What happened to him to make him change like?!

Tachibana: I never seen Horikita-kun act like this...

People were reminded again by Ayanokouji's "coincidental" score of 50s in the entrance exam and Horikita's questions in her mind raised some concerns as some people were thinking the same thing and it got more people thinking about Ayanokouji, who remained silent in his chair. It's not like the alternative version of Ayanokouji revealed to much about his motives about his entrance exam scores.