1: A wish

Harry Potter's POV:

So many things happened in just a year, I made friends, learned spells... and experienced new things I could never before.

I never really thought that magic existed even if it was the reason my aunt and uncle HATED me in the first place.

My first year at Hogwarts was full of adventures. My friends and I fought a troll and we put puzzle pieces together to solve Voldemort's riddles! That guy was so scary and I keep ignoring the fact that he disappeared in front of my eyes.

Even if he is a bad guy, what happened still felt like I killed him and it makes me feel guilty. Professor Dumbledore said that Voldemort is still alive and what I met that day was just a piece of him.

What he said made me feel relieve that I didn't kill anyone but I also thought that a bad man being alive is not really good for everyone.

Anyways Professor promised me that I will be safe in Hogwarts so I tried to keep such fact at the back of my mind and move on.

On the first day of Hogwarts, I thought the wizarding world would be really scary, which it still is, but after meeting both Hermione and Ron I came to like it more.

Being a wizard is fun and new. It is the first time that I have so much fun in my entire life! I even played as a Seeker on a quidditch Gryffindor team just like my father!

People keep saying my parents would have been proud to know that I was sorted in Gryffindor and imagining their faces being proud of me makes my heart sooooar.

I unknowingly grinned to myself just thinking of my parent's faces as they happily hugged each other. I never met them nor experienced the love I would have gotten from them.

Nevertheless the Mirror of Erised showed their unconditional love for me even if I've never done anything for them, and I feel empty now that I knew what I missed out on after losing them.

Everyone told me that I was the only one who lived that day. And that everyone HE met died from his magic except for me.

All the people I met was obviously saddened just looking at my face and remembering my parents even professor Snape, but that's a secret.

Seeing those sad faces makes me feel guilty for living. I keep doubting if I even deserve to live in place of those great people who never truly knew me. What if I turned out to not be a good kid? What if I grew up like freaking Malfoy instead?

That makes me feel gloomy just thinking about it. I don't want to disappoint any more people I met because I'm not what they expected.

"Harry, you're still awake?"

I looked up startled at the voice and turned to the side to see Ron.

I smiled at him wryly and simply apologized for waking him up.

"Sorry, I'll turn off the lights now"

I said and reached out for the lamp on my bedside and turn it off but Ron shook his head and tucked himself under the covers.

"No need, Harry. Tomorrow we may not meet each other again so let's talk for a while"

He said with a grin while preparing himself to accompany me the whole night.

Tomorrow we'll be going back to our home because there's no school anymore. I'll be going back to the Dursleys and honestly I'm not happy for it.

If only I could stay here forever, then I wouldn't have to meet my aunt and uncle again and they could not hurt me again.