15: That's how we died

Lily Evan's POV:

It was heart breaking to wake up and hear my son crying out for his parents, which is me and James. I'm not sure what he's dreaming of, but hearing him mumble and ask us why we left him alone is really painful for me.

I couldn't bear to know how he probably grew up without us and probably getting bullied or mistreated for being an orphan like in most muggle stories.

My heart feels heavy worrying for our Harry, that it was hard to breath. I can't help but ask myself why we died, why we left our son. Was it an accident? Did we get murdered?

I cried in silence hoping that I won't wake everyone up and them seeing me cry like this.

The girls seemed to notice that something is amiss that they jolted awake and saw me crying. They all jumped in a hurry and came to me.

I felt embarrassed and touched that they're worrying for me and somehow seeing me cry made the other girls to cry as well. They feel my pain although they never knew what I'm crying about.

"I- It's okay, Lily please don't cry"

Alice whispered in between her sniffs while rubbing my back.

"What's going on?"

I turned to look at Sasha who asked with reddish nose and teary eyes. I chuckled at them and shook my head.

"It's just Harry... He's calling for me and James in his sleep"

I said and brushed my baby's hair away from his forehead. Everyone silently realized why I'm crying and they all stared at Harry looking sad and sorry.

I smiled at Harry's Godmothers and turned to look at my son. He looks so peaceful in his sleep with no burden that he needs to carry in his back.

I wish he could only dream happy things from now on and not about the sad things. I wish my son to always be at peace and live a life he wanted it to be.

Soon my baby woke up and stared at us in wonder. I forgot that I'm still crying and hurriedly wiped them off.

"Why are you crying?"

He asked while looking at me worriedly. I told him that it was nothing and we all agreed to head out for breakfast.

I urged him to not care about why I cried but my stubborn son would still glance at me from time to time and not believing that I'm fine.

We met the boys and James on our way down and I saw how his face turned from a smile into a frown and his eyes being filled with worriedness.

"Did you cry?"

James asked with a very similar tone and expression to Harry. I silently snorted at how the two resembles each other, which reminded me again that they were father and son.

I also told him that there's nothing to worry about but in the end would steal glances from here and there also not believing what I said. They even look at me in sync before going back to eating their meal.

I sighed heavily because of the two and ate in silence. My friends keep talking about our class for today, but honestly I'm more curious about the reason why James and I died.

Now that I think about it, I'm also curious what everyone has become in the future. If James and I are gone they would probably take responsibility and care for him, right? Should I ask him?

"Harry..."

I called and Harry turned to look at me.

"I know it's rude to ask but after your um... parents died... Who takes care of you?"