18: Hogwarts Won't Let Us

Harry Potter’s POV:

One night I was met with another strange dream. I was drifting off to sleep, leaving the real world behind me when the sounds of footsteps drew my attention somewhere.

I jolted awake to see myself walking in the same dark place as before. Feeling nervous and anxious I paced back and forth with no thought in mind. On the side was the same golden goblet I saw still glowing brightly.

This time it was the same dream I had that very first time where I watched the goblet like a television and not where I can only see my sleeping body inside the goblet.

My body halted to a stop and I turned my head towards the goblet. I watched silently as I saw my Hufflepuff friends talk happily before their bedtime.

I can feel my face tearing up while watching my friends be happy like I'm about to cry or something. I wondered then if it’s because of jealousy that's why I’d feel such things.

When I tried to wipe my tears away, my body stayed still and simply watched my friends as they said their goodnights…

I tried to make sense of why I was seeing my friends. It's not like I’ve been with them for months like Hermione and Ron so why do I miss them so much?

Soon I jolted awake, thoroughly awake in the real world after the alarm that Willard casted was sent off.

Today is the day that we’ll sneak out of Hogwarts so I put my mind off the dream’s hidden meaning and sneakily went to our meeting place.

The trio puffs were already there beaming with excitement as I was. Willard, the smart one of the group, had shrunk our bags and gave each of us a ring. It was a metal looking ring with no ornate design.

“Wear it and be sure not to lose it. I used my own money to buy it and it will help us get out of here unnoticed by anybody”

Willard explained.

“Wow, you’re giving this to us?”

I asked, feeling touched that a friend actually gave me a gift! But my smile dropped when Willard raised his eyebrow and crossed his arm.

“Borrowing… You guys are borrowing that”

He said pointing his finger at the rings and narrowed his eyes on us.

“Yeah. That’s what I said, didn't I?’

I said and rolled my eyes ignoring the feeling of disappointment in my heart.

“Are you all ready? Just say the words ‘celare nos’ to activate the ring. On the count of three we all say it. One, Two…”

“Meow”

All of us halted at the sudden sound and turned our heads at the appearance of the unwelcome cat.

“No…”

Ernie mumbled with a shaky breath while the three of us gulped.

“Run!!”

I shouted and we all ran as fast as we could and got separated on our way. I held my breath while hiding behind a pillar hoping to not get caught by Miss Norris or worse by Filch himself.

The night was awfully long with how terrifying and quiet the place was. I was good at hiding from Dudley's friends but apparently not good enough to hide from cats.

I was stupid… No, we’re all stupid to realize the function of the ring before we ended up getting caught by Filch himself.

“Arg, why did we forget the rings…”