SIBLINGS

NEW YORK - ALINA'S MOM'S CAR

The next day, Violet's life continued with its usual rhythm. Dance class served as an escape from the emotional intensity of the previous evening.

After dance class, she met up with her friends, who were eager for her to share her experiences. They sat in their favorite restaurant, the cozy corner spot with the best milkshakes in town. Violet tried to describe the mixture of emotions she had felt at the dinner, but words failed her. It was like a rollercoaster, she had explained, a combination of excitement, nervousness, and sheer happiness. She felt great, yet it was also overwhelming.

She had also mentioned that she would be seeing her biological mother on Sunday. Violet had quickly remembered she had forgotten to mention to Marissa that she needed a ride, but her friend Alina quickly offered to let her talk to her mom, so that way she wouldn;t be alone on the way.

Now, Violet sat in the passenger seat of Alina's mom's car, her fingers nervously tracing patterns on her thigh. Alina, however, was bubbling with enthusiasm about the prospect of visiting a famous celebrity's home.

As they rode in the car, Alina couldn't stop chattering. "I wonder what they'll serve. Maybe even exotic fruits, or, like, very fancy chocolate chip stuff."

Violet managed a small laugh in between the butterflies she was feeling "Lina, that sounds crazy." Which only made the other girl burst out in laughter. Violet, on the other hand, couldn't find the strength. Her nerves were in full force, and the prospect of seeing Scarlett again, in her actual house, felt straight out of a movie.

"You'll be living with her, that's what you told us, right?" Alina asked after calming down. "Are you also moving schools?"

"That;s what they told me, yes." She nodded. ""I'm not sure about school yet, but I would rather stay if I can. It'd be weird not being around you guys."

Alina grinned, her excitement bubbling over. "We're not letting you get away that easily, not even for a celebrity." Violet just rolled her eyes at that, a little thankful for the usual sassiness from her friend. Her friends, no matter how much her life was changing, would always stick around.

As the car got closer to their destination, Violet really thought she was going to stop breathing. The towering skyscrapers and bustling streets only added to the grandeur of the moment. May, along with her friend's family lived in very comfortable apartments in New York, but this was on another level.

Alina's mom checked the GPS and said, "Violet, why don't you give Scarlett a call and let her know we're almost there? She might want to be ready to greet you."

Violet hesitated for a moment, her nerves causing her to second-guess herself. She reached for her phone and dialed the number Marissa had given her. Taking a deep breath, she finally pressed the call button, and her heart raced as the phone rang.

After a few moments, a warm, familiar voice answered on the other end. "Hello?"

"Hi, it's Violet." Was the only thing she could reply, her voice a little shaky.

There was a brief pause, and then Scarlett's voice filled with warmth and enthusiasm. "Violet, it's so lovely to hear your voice! Are you getting close?"

Violet's anxiety began to melt away as she heard the genuine excitement in Scarlett's voice. "Yeah, we're almost there. Alina's mom said we'll be there in a few minutes."

"That's wonderful," Scarlett replied. "I'll go down to pick you up."

"Yeah! Thanks, I'll see you soon." Violet ended the call, not wanting to gather more nerves in a awkward silence via phone call.