Chapter Seventeen--The Boulders

I woke up the next morning meeting my siblings outside. I went out beside Sarah putting an arm around her. However, I scoffed when I saw Dad and Jimmy facing each other as they spoke. They looked about ready to fight each other. Something told me this wasn't going to end well. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought that because the majority of my siblings seemed to have the same look on their faces.

"Oh, no. They're already up. They're cutting wood, making biscuits, and making a new trail out back," Dad lied. Jimmy turned to us still in our pajamas and nodded his head not at all convinced.

"Yeah. Really impressive," he said. "Anyway, listen. The Mrs. and I were thinking of putting on a spread today. We were thinking that since the kids were getting along so well, you and Kate could bring your gang over to the Boulders for lunch," he suggested. Right as Dad looked ready to disagree, Sarah spoke for all of us.
"Cool! What time?" she asked causing me to grin at her.

"Minosas at noon!" he announced pointing to her as my siblings clapped as he ran back to his water-ski. I ran in the back beside Mark so he wouldn't get left behind. "AUDIOS AMIGO!" I heard Jimmy yell as Sarina steered him away causing me to chuckle.

~~~~

That afternoon, I rode in the passenger seat of Charlie's car as we pulled up to the Boulders behind everyone else. We waited for our siblings to get out with Gunner before getting out as I tugged up on my skirt, moving behind Kyle and Nigel to place an arm around them and also so I could be near Nora in her heels. A second later, the doors swung open and Sarina stepped forward, the Murtaughs behind her.

"Welcome to the Boulders!" she announced her arms spread open as Danial moved towards me hugging me causing me to look down careful to hide my blush before looking back up again.

"Didn't think he'd actually agree," he laughed.

"You can thank Sarah for that," I joked. "If it weren't for her, he would've." He was about to say something more when Sarina leaned down to Gunner.

"Aww! You brought your dog! I---"

All of a sudden, Gunner jumped up on her causing her to back up. I had to stop myself from laughing as everyone tried to get him down.

"Sorry, Sarina. Um.......Gunner, sit!" Mom said but she was barely audible over Sarina laughing like this was the best moment ever. Of course, Gunner not hearing her, kept pouncing on her. 

"Down Gunner," Dad interfered causing me to wink at Nora who chuckled, getting what I meant. Bud stared at us confused.

"One word Bud: Doorknob," I informed him quietly causing him to make an 'ohhhh' face. He looked about ready to crack up himself if I was being honest. A second later, my eyes widened when Sarina stumbled on the ground and Gunner still hung onto her. "Hey! Gunner! Stop, now!"

"Tom! Baker!" Jimmy shouted getting impatient as Gunner nuzzled against her. I reached for my younger brothers covering their eyes so they weren't traumatized.

"Okay! That's it!" Dad shouted as he and Mom ran to him. I smirked at Sarah's reaction reminding me of when she used to do these sorts of pranks. Jimmy ran as well helping keep Gunner off his wife.

"It's called Obedience School, Tom. Are you all right, honey?" he asked when she was free.

"I'm so sorry about him, Sarina," Mom said at the same time.

"It's no big deal," she shrugged at both comments. One thing was for sure, she was much better than Jimmy's previous exes who all seemed to be just as competitive as him.

"Why don't we try tying Fido up for five minutes?" Jimmy suggested causing Sarina to grab his arm.

"Honey. He's fine. He's just a dog," she reassured him.