Prologue

I'm really caught up in my feelings
When I propose to my girl, I'm kneeling
When I'm playing UNO with my bros, I be dealing
When I'm balling on the court I be stealing
No one cares about me, but I'm, ok
I don't really care about what people say
Playing on the court like this is not a game
Everybody looking like, yo, it's Jay

The Fresh King of New York was on top of the world. His song Better Place was out on streaming services, included with many other singles featuring people like TriVi, Ryno and yungxjay. Jaelen, or Jay Williams was his real name, but he preferred to go by his stage name, The Fresh King of New York.

Jay lived in Hempstead, a town in Long Island, New York. And he wouldn't have it any other way. Sure, the streets were tough, but with his bros by his side, no one could bring him down.

DeAngelo Blount, or DBro sat back, nodding his head to the song next to Darien Cook, AKA Young Ferb. These guys worked hard with DaVan and B. Wells, the founders of Thunderwave Records, and at this point, they had moved down to Middletown, currently hanging out with the Fresh King for a while.

"Brah, that's a vibe." Young Ferb stated with a smile.

"I think the mix could be better, but that's not bad." DBro added.

"Yo, thanks, guys. I'm glad you like it."

"Yeah, for real, brodie. We got your back."

Fresh leaned back in his chair. "I definitely got the melodies, though." He began to hum his signature "Long Island's Rising Popstar" intro to himself, loving the way it sounded, especially with the harmonies.

"How do you feel about finally getting out of high school?" DBro asked.

"Bro, I'm free. I'm so excited to start writing full albums now. This is gonna be fire!"

Jaelen's Spotify page was going up as well, after B. Wells had uploaded from his Distrokid account onto a new Fresh King profile. This was gonna be a good year for him.

"Yo, wanna go out and promote this thing?" Young Ferb suggested, picking up one of Jay's boomboxes.

"Yeah, bro, let's do this!"

The trio headed out into the streets, confident as ever. Fresh put his hood up and started down the sidewalk, bumping the new singles.

Look at my drip
Look at my drip
Look at my drip
Baby girl, don't you trip
Yeah, look at my drip
Baby girl, don't you trip

"So how are you and Niayrah doing?" Darien asked with a smirk.

"Bro, she's the one. I'm sure of it. I'm putting out a song with TriVi pretty soon called 'Niayrah's Valentine'. She's gonna love it."

Ferb whispered to DBro, "But she can't even sing."

"I think he knows that." DeAngelo replied with an eye roll.

Yet Jay was smiling, happy that he'd gotten a multitude of songs out on Spotify, and a girl who supported him through all of it.

"Hey, Jay! How you doing?" A neighbor called from his house.

"Doing great, Mr. Littlejeans, thank you!"

DBro snickered a bit at that name, Young Ferb punching his arm to get him to shut up.

Fresh King didn't catch this, but even if he did, he wouldn't have cared. All he'd wanted since he was a kid was to make music and bring it to the world, using it to help make the world a better place. Just like the previous king of pop, Michael Jackson. If anybody hated on MJ, Fresh would totally cut them off.