Chapter 3: Look At My Drip

He just had to do it right this time.

The weekend was coming. And Fresh King was ready for it. He was feeling a little better now than he had been the night he'd gotten that tomato thrown at him, still continuing to make songs every day.

But today, he'd decided he wasn't going to let any haters, fruit-and-vegetable-throwers or anyone of the sort get him down. He was going to take some action.

Recently, DaVan had just welcomed a new member into Thunderwave Records alongside B. Wells, Yung Penguin and Lil Cranium. Eczavier Okoye.

Now, Fresh didn't know much about Eczavier other than the fact that he was a friend of Evan's, a rapper and he had a lisp. He'd already done a cover of The Kid LAROI's Without You and a song called Closer, his singing voice sounding a bit raspy, but his songwriting overall pretty good. Apparently, he was also a boxer, which made Jay just a twinge intimidated, but he was pretty sure he could take him.

DaVan had sent a message into the Thunderwave Instagram group chat, introducing Eczavier to the label. B. Wells had already questioned his reasoning for just inviting new people into the label without warning, he even had some doubts about Jay. But it was understandable, as the members didn't know each other personally. Why wouldn't they be just a tiny bit suspicious of them?

But when B. Wells got him on a song of his own called GAS!, he had started to prove himself trustworthy, excited to be in the label. And as it turned out, ECZ was in New York too. The only one who was still skeptical was none other than DBro.

"But you're not even in the label officially." Fresh argued, sitting across from DeAngelo in his friend's home.

"I am one of Evan's closest friends, and I've heard about this ECZ dude, I don't know about him. He's a boxer, how does he fit rapping in?"

"I work at a store, I can fit in time for my music."

"Yeah, but that's different. This is a sport."

Fresh scoffed. "He's fighting people. It's not that big of a deal. Look, if he wants to box and be in a label, I can't stop him. He can do what he wants."

"All I'm saying is, Evan didn't warn any of you guys about this. And if Eczavier boxes, then he might have a temper. Don't get on his bad side."

Jay rolled his eyes. "I'm not gonna get on his bad side, don't worry. What would he do anyway, put me in the ring?"

"Yes! That's exactly what he would do!"

"Listen, bro. I don't even know this guy yet. I'm not jumping to conclusions until I do a song with this guy or something."

DeAngelo's eyes widened. "You're gonna get him on a song now? What if he's ass?"

"He's already getting Yung Penguin on a feature, and he's on a B. Wells single. It's only a matter of time before we all get tons of streams and money."

"You're not getting money." DBro said plainly.

"Watch me." He picked up his phone, getting onto the group chat.

"Wait, what are you doing? Jay!"

"Chill, I'm just gonna welcome ECZ into the label."

the_artist_of_the_century: Welcome to Thunderwave Eczavier Okoye

"See? No harm in that."

"There will be once he responds. Just wait." DBro reassured, his eyes darting back to the phone.

Fresh chuckled. "He's not responding yet. Stop stressing, DBro."

"WAIT, HE'S RESPONDING! LOOK!"

Jaelen looked down at his phone that sat on the table.