Chapter 2: I'll Never Go

This was his moment, and nothing could stop him now.

Jaelen stepped inside his house, trudging through the door, not even looking up at his mother. "Hey, Jay. Did you have fun tonight?"

"Yeah, Mom." He replied in a low tone. "I had a lot of fun."

His Dad, Rickey, stepped inside the room, concerned after hearing this. "You don't sound like you had fun."

"Jay, did you get to perform?" Jaida asked, shifting her position on the couch.

"Not now, Jaida."

"Jaelen, don't be like that!" Tanya scolded, sounding lovingly harsh. "What happened at the party?"

The Fresh King of New York sighed. "Do I have to say?"

Earlier that night

"Introducing, The Fresh King of New York!"

Speedway began, and Ryno put his microphone up to his mouth to begin the song. He and Fresh stood right in front of everybody, and although Jay was a little nervous, that never stopped him. Ryan urged him to sing along with him, and so he did. It was a hit.

Speedway
Spend hella bands on a weekday
All of my homies they don't say
VVS diamonds, I don't play, yeah
Speedway
All of you homies is cheapskate
Getting to the bag since Pre-K
You watch my vids on replay, yeah

The crowd was vibing, GTR was headbanging, everything was on point. And Fresh King was having the time of his life.

And what made everything better - they were cheering his name. Fresh.

With Ryno's lead up verse, it wasn't hard for Jay to get hyped up, especially including the chanting.

So when it got to the intro to Jay's verse, the screaming only got louder.

The Fresh King of New York
7903 gang gang
7903 gang gang
The Fresh King of New York
Long Island's Rising Popstar, ayy, ayy

And it actually worked out. With the track in the background, Jaelen could sing to his heart's content. Everyone gathered from all over the party to see The Fresh King rap one of his first ever official remixes out to the public in a live performance.

People got out their phones, some got on top of others, it was one crazy night.

I swear I might have a bash
Man, I'm getting so much cash

Girl, you better give me that

Cuz I'm about to rap so fast

Man, I can't freakin stop

I'm flexing on the cops

I pull up on yo block

Make your freakin heart drop

By the end of the song, everyone was singing along like they already knew it. This alone made the Fresh King feel 5 times better than he already had. Best party ever!

Once the song ended, Ryan dapped Jay up and hugged him with a big grin. "You ready to do Better Place?"

"Yeah, man! I'm fired up! Let's go!"