Chapter 14: Did Me Wrong

They needed all the help they could get.

Jaelen, Nancy and Tammy sat on the train across from Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, who sat in silence, trying to think of what was next for them.

The Fresh King sighed. "So like, are you guys a team? When you're together?"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "I mean, if you wanna get technical..."

"We go by The Defenders."

Jay laughed in awe. "That's actually really cool."

"A kid came up with the name." Jessica retorted.

"You said it was fine." Luke reminded.

"We're still missing 'Glowing Fist' Rand or whatever his name is."

"Iron Fist. And it doesn't matter whether we're all together or not. We're all a part of the team."

"Allegedly."

Luke chuckled. "Ok, Jess. I know you like to work alone, and I know Matt is a pain sometimes, but don't forget the good we've done together."

"Yeah, I get it. But we haven't even fought together in like, a year, or whatever. And don't you forget what happened when I roped you in on my crap. Kilgrave-"

"I remember. But that's why we're getting help. And these guys, they're not even superheroes. They might have weapons that can hurt us, but they won't knock us down. Plus, wasn't it your idea to go to him anyway?"

"Yeah... You're right. You always are. It just hasn't been easy recently."

"And I get that. But you can't keep thinking on the past. It's like Pop said; 'Forward, always.'"

Jay was engrossed in this conversation, so much so that Jessica had to snap in front of his face to get his attention. "You there?"

"Oh, uh- yeah. Just, it's a good motto."

"That's right." Luke said with a small smile. "He was a good man."

"What happened?" Nancy spoke up.

"Cottonmouth happened."

Tammy nodded. "So that's why you're bitter towards him."

"Well, he is a criminal weapons dealer." Jay pointed out.

"He's been messing things up for a while now."

"And we're gonna stop him." Tammy finished confidently.

Everyone looked over at the girl.

"Well, uh, yeah. And Eczavier too."

"Oh, yeah. Definitely him."

Fresh nodded. "He did me wrong. So I'm gonna get him back."

"After you get your family back, of course." Nancy added.

"Yeah..."

Jessica raised an eyebrow to Luke. "What is going on?" She mouthed.

But the train stopped, and it was time for them to get off.

"Alright, let's go. We don't have time to waste."

Jessica almost had to drag the girls off the train, but they hurried and made it out of the station, emerging out into Hell's Kitchen.

"So, what's this guy's name?" Fresh asked. "Devil Man?"

"He goes by Daredevil now." Jessica replied. "Kinda corny, if you ask me."

"You literally don't have a superhero name." Nancy fired back with a smirk.

"I don't need one. I don't even cover my face, and I definitely don't wear a hood like Luke."