Chapter 9: Do You Want Me?

Niayrah was still his girl, for now.

Ahh, the final session. Today was the day that Jaelen would complete his set.

Niayrah was back, and Official Skyway had agreed to write a song with him on this day. A legendary day for sure.

He drove on the road with a fairly positive attitude, knowing that once the songs were completed, he would be ready to perform. The first few songs were already fire, and although Niayrah didn't know the other singers, he was confident she would be excited to see the concert.

Already wasting no time, Jay went over the songs he'd recorded in the two previous sessions, wanting to make sure he knew the lyrics perfectly, especially to the songs he had the most parts on.

But the music practice time flew by and before he knew it he had arrived at the studio, and it was time to record. Of course, they would all practice afterwards, and there wouldn't be that much time for Niayrah until after the show, but she understood that, right?

She would have watched him record, but apparently she already had plans with a girl friend that day. Well, everyone was busy at some point.

He stepped out of the car, grinning while Tammy and Nancy stood outside the building. "Where's GTR at?"

"He's making some tracks with Gabe today." Tammy informed. "You're happy today."

"Well, Niayrah's alright, and she's gonna be coming to the show."

Tammy gave a concerned frown. "Wait... the one who was avoiding you?"

"We had a talk yesterday." Fresh explained. "She was busy and wanted to text me, but she got caught up in some work things, and you know how it is."

The girl's expression didn't change. "And you believe her?"

"I mean, yeah. She apologized and everything. I'm giving her a chance."

"Mmhmm." Nancy added. "And where is she now?"

"With some friends."

The singers gave each other looks, turning their heads back to The Fresh King.

"You wanna give her a chance, go ahead. But when she ghosts you a second time, be ready to break up."

Jaelen's eyes went wide. "Break up?"

"Yeah, if she's cheating." Tammy said. "Gotta be careful."

The rapper shrugged. "If you say so."

They entered the studio, Young Ferb sitting at the computer, everything all set up. "You guys know the drill."

"Yes, sir!" Jay cheered, looking back at Nancy. "You got the lyrics down?"

Skyway nodded. "I wrote em last night."

Fresh laughed. "Same. Let's do this."

The two artists entered the booth together, knowing ahead of time the structure of the new song, one that Fresh had already had a demo version of but decided to spruce up by adding Nancy Bousaid's voice to it.

"Y'all ready?" Darien asked through the booth.

"Yep." They collectively replied.

And so Jay started it off.

7903 gang gang

Long Island's Rising Popstar, yah yaah yah

As Nancy sung her hook, Jay nodded his head and began to vibe, knowing this one was gonna be a hit.

Do you want me, do you, do you want me?