Chapter 17: Dear Williams Family

He just had to find him first.

"Yo, Fresh! What's good, you bum! How you been, bro? How you been since you backed out of our match we were supposed to have, cuz you're scared- nothing less. Nothing more than just a scared little boy who got into deep doo-doo. You're a scared little peasant. You have no muscle, you have no abs, you have nothing. You're just a jealous little buffoon."

Jay watched Eczavier's video, rolling his eyes. The guy had no idea he had played himself.

"You can say, 'Oh, you're so mean to me, so I don't wanna fight', tell me how you gon' back out of a match because I don't mess with you and I have beef with you. And I wanna fight you. We gon box, so we can fight. Then you gonna say, 'Oh, I don't wanna do the match anymore, you ruined my mood.' No, you're just a scared little peasant. Man... I can't even say this. I need you to hear this: you're a peasant, you're a loser. You do nothing with your life but cry, piss and moan for everything that you want in your life. Lemme ask you this, why are you scared? Actually, that's not even a question I should ask, you're you. You're nothing more than a loser. You're not the King of New York, you're not the Artist Of the Century... You're the coward of the century."

Matt Vigliotti stood there, mouth agape. "Jay, why would you let him talk to you like this?"

"Because I'm not backing out of the match."

"W-What?" Matt laughed nervously. "You can't fight him."

"Why not? The police are after him anyway. If I just show up, they'll catch him."

"And if you lose, everyone will know he's better than you."

"But there will always be fans who root for me. People know who's doing the right thing."

"And what if everybody thinks he's doing the right thing?"

"Then the cops are gonna have to bring down a riot. Don't worry, bro. I'm in league with some good officers. They're gonna make sure everybody's safe."

"So... You're not backing out?"

"Nope."

"Then how are you gonna train?"

The Fresh King winked at his friend. "Like I said, don't worry about it. Now let me go help these customers."

Jaelen went on to do cashier duties, knowing Matt was in anticipation of whatever he was planning. But the rapper knew his next step.

He went through his shift not really thinking through his job. He did everything mindlessly, except when it came to talking to people, of course. Jay was still polite, but there was always thinking about the match in the back of his mind. His idea was perfect, it was just the execution that needed work.

When he finally finished loading the last bag for the day, he walked to the back where he filled out his time card, and found Matt.

"Hey man, you're not seriously thinking what I think you're thinking?"

"What do you think I'm thinking?"

"I think you're thinking about going and popping ECZ right now."

Jay's eyebrows raised. "Huh?! No, I'm not thinking about that!"

"Then what are you thinking about? I've been watching you all day."

"Ok, creepy. But it's none of your business. You'll find out soon enough."

Matt scoffed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what I said."

And with that, The Fresh King of New York walked off into the city.