Chapter 15: Battle

It was a trap.

Everyone got down on the floor to avoid the shots. Chaos was upon them.

"Ok, this is overkill!" Jaelen shouted over the noise.

"ECZ must really want us to die!" Nancy added.

"He wants me." Fresh specified.

"Stay down, I'll give you the all clear when it's time." Daredevil said.

"You know we can see where they are, right?" Tammy countered in panic.

Matt chuckled. "No, you can't."

The shots continued, and Matt directed the others on where to roll and how to avoid the peril they were so close to approaching. If just one of them moved the wrong way, they would all be screwed.

"Luke, a little help!" Jessica called, trying to shield the girls.

"I got you guys!" Luke Cage stood up and although his hoodie was riddled with bullets, his body was untouched.

"I'm so glad you're bulletproof!"

The situation with Eczavier itself was crazy, but the shooting was overkill. And with the amount of bullets that were flying, The Fresh King was sure ECZ had cameras everywhere, or at least tons of spies.

"So, what are we supposed to do, just wait until they're out of guns?" Jessica interjected.

"Yeah, pretty much!"

Matt had already dodged the man who had broken in through the window and kicked him, backflipping off his chest and knocking down another fighter, ushering them all out of the building. "Luke, Jessica, help them!"

Once the blind vigilante had distracted the bad guys, the remaining heroes grabbed the others and lead them safely out the window and onto the ground. Jessica almost dropped Tammy, leaving her a bit bruised, but after getting Nancy back down and helping Fresh up after Luke's landing caused him to fall.

"It's times like these where I wish I were a little stronger." Jessica panted, adrenaline coursing through her due to the excitement.

"And the other times?" Nancy retorted.

"The other times, I break the bottle of whiskey trying to open it."

"She's messing with you." Luke reassured. "Stand back, we're not safe yet."

Just like that, a man came flying out of the window and into the nearby dumpster, clearly unconscious. Daredevil made his way down the building in true acrobatic fashion, everyone speechless, but still impressed that he could take down that many guys and get down so easily.

"I guess when you're with a guy who can sense every move coming, you're pretty safe." Jessica remarked.

"We gotta move. I know where your family is." Matt said gruffly.

Jaelen's eyes widened. "W-What? You do?"

"Yeah."

"How?"

"Eczavier is a boxer, so he has to be moving around the city to different gyms."

Nancy gasped. "Like Pokémon trainers."

"If he's got your family anywhere, it's a gym. And the man we just interrogated said that he knew you would be here."

"The gym in Hell's Kitchen." Luke finished, finally figuring it out.

"Fogwell's." Jessica added.

Jay couldn't believe it. It was that easy?

"Don't just stand there, let's go!"