5

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"You really think this is a good idea?"

"Of course. Blake is my boyfriend now, and it's only right that he meets my family. It's perfect timing, too– with my parents just getting home."

"Did you even talk to Blake about this?"

"Yes, actually. He wants to meet everyone. And he wants to do it tomorrow night."

"Ooh! This is so exciting! I can't wait to meet him."

"He's perfect, Kat. I've never been with someone who is so mature."

"Well, he is seven years older than you."

"I know. I love it. Being with an older man is so refreshing. They're just soo..."

"Hey, guys. What we talking about?" Tristan says as he walks into the room.

"Just how V's into older guys." Kat laughs as she speaks, because he couldn't have walked in at a more perfect moment.

I look at Tristan, "I was just telling Kat that I'm having Blake over for dinner tomorrow night to meet everyone, and I'd like it if you were there, too."

"Really?"

I nod my head and smile, "Mhm. You sound surprised."

"Because I am. Why do you want me there?"

"Well... he's meeting my parents, and Sage, and Kat... which means he's meeting everyone that's important to me in my life... and that includes you."

"I'm important to you?"

His tone was different when he asked that question. It wasn't rude, or sarcastic... he was being genuine.

"Of course you are, Tristan."

He gives me a small smile, "Good to know. You're important to me, too, Vi. Always have been."

For a moment, Tristan and I just stared at each other. Not another word was exchanged, but our eyes spoke for us.

Suddenly, Kat clears her throat, "A-Ahem. Anyway, what did you plan on making?"

"I don't know yet. But I gotta figure it out and go to the grocery store today. Anything particular in mind?"

"Hmm... ooh! How about filet mignon? With those mashed potatoesss, and that green stuff..."

I chuckle, "Brussel sprouts?"

"Ooh, yeah! That. You should make that. It's my favorite dish of yours."

I scoff, "I'd love to, but I'm not paying for seven filets. I have money, but not like that."

"I'll pay for it."

I was taken aback by his words, "Tristan, that's sweet, but–"

"I said, I'll pay for it."

Why is he being so persistent?

"I can't let you do that. It'll cost a fortune."