14

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

What in the hell was Tristan even talking about last night?

"You don't have to worry about me screwing up your relationships"

I mean, seriously. Who the hell just says that?

Was he referring to what happened with Blake? I guess that would make sense. Maybe he was talking about Mason, too.

But I'm not in a relationship with Mason... I've only gone out with the guy twice. And yeah, he's cool... but I don't know. I don't even think he's looking for a relationship, either. Which is fine by me. I'm perfectly okay with just hanging out, and having sex with him.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just overthinking this whole thing.

"Earth to Lettyyyyy..." Her voice finally snaps me from my thoughts.

"What? Sorry."

She chuckles, "You okay? You've been staring off and wiping that same spot for a few minutes now."

I look down at the now very clean countertop, "I was just zoning out. I'm good."

"You know you can't lie to me, right? What is it?"

I extend my neck to make sure that nobody was coming before speaking, "Tristan said something to me last night when I got home from Mason's, and I don't really know how to take it." I say, quietly.

"What did he say?"

"Well, I was wearing Mason's clothes, because duh, but also because I had gotten ice cream on mine, and he made some little comment, of course. But then he said, 'You don't have to worry about me screwing up any more of your relationships'. Isn't that weird? I mean... why would he just say that out of the blue?"

Kat had this look on her face, as if she wanted to tell me something.

But I knew that whatever it was... she wasn't going to.

"Maybe he just feels bad about what happened with Blake, and now he sees you with Mason, and like he said... he just doesn't want to ruin another relationship for you."

"That's what I was thinking... but I don't know. It just... feels weird."

"You're overthinking it, Letty. Anyway, enough about that... tell me how your night with Mason was! So much for 'just getting ice cream'."

"I honestly didn't think that we were going to do anything, but then we had a little moment in the car with the ice cream, and things got heated... so, yeah."

"I'm living for this! You guys make such a hot couple."

"We're not a couple."

"Not yet. You just keep hanging out with him and nature will take its course with you two."

"Oh, hush up and finish cleaning so we can start prepping dinner."

She groans, "Ughhh... do I have to?"

"If you want to eat then yes."

"But the boys aren't helping!"

"Okay, first of all, you're acting like a literal child, and second, when the hell do the boys ever help? It's rare for them to."

"Doesn't mean that they shouldn't."

"I completely agree, but honestly, having more people in the kitchen with me would only slow me down and aggravate me, anyway."