12

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I had been doing my best to avoid Tristan over the next week and a half. Things weren't bad when we were around Sage and Kat, so I tried to only be around him if they were with us, too.

As I go downstairs to begin prepping dinner for us, I overhear a conversation between Sage and Tristan.

"So, how have things been with Mya? Y'know, now that you guys are official."

"Really good, honestly. I really like her, man."

"I'm happy for you. She's a great girl."

"Thanks, T. And how about you? Thinking about growing up and settling down any time soon?"

"Nah, you know me. Don't know if I'm really cut out for it anymore. Not after all that shit that went down with Julianna."

"It's been years, dude. Don't tell me you're still hurt over that."

"I'm not hurt. I couldn't care less about her, honestly. But I just don't wanna deal with that bullshit again, you know?"

"Yeah, I get it. But what about that girl you've been seeing? Nikki?"

He's been seeing a girl?

"She's cool. We have a good time together."

"You've seen each other what, three times, now? In the past week."

"Something like that. But, it's just sex. And she's cool to hangout with, so..."

"If you say so."

"I do."

"Well, if you want my honest opinion–"

"I don't."

"It just feels like something is holding you back."

Something's holding him back?

"The hell are you doing?"

Kat's voice causes me to jump, "Jesus, you scared me."

"Letty, that you?" Sage's voice calls.

Kat's jaw drops, "You were so eavesdropping on their conversation. What was it about?" She whispers as we walk to the kitchen.

"Shut up."

"There you are."

"Here I am."

"What are you making for dinner?"

"Chicken Française, why?"

"I wanted to invite Mya over for dinner."

My expression lights up, "Really! You want her to meet us?"

"Well, she already knows Tristan, but yeah. I want her to meet you two."

"This is so exciting! I'll start prepping right away!" I look around at the house, noticing it was slightly messy. "You guys wanna clean up a bit?"

"Already on it."

"Ooh, maybe I'll invite Dom over! We can have a big dinner with all of us."

"That's a great idea, Kat."

"Yay!" She exclaims, "Look at us, just a bunch of couples having dinner together. We're so grown."

A feeling occurs in the pit of stomach when she makes that statement, and I know that Tristan felt the same due to his expression.