10

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

"Come onnn, Letty. You've been moping around for a week now. We need to go out! Get Tris– I mean, get everything off your mind!"

"What's the point? It's no use. I can't stop thinking about him."

"Well, you haven't exactly tried. Look... I still don't know what happened between you guys that made you end it as quickly as you did, but..."

I should just tell her.

"I ended things because I realized that he's never going to feel the same way that I do."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"He doesn't have feelings for me."

"V, that's craz–"

"He only wants sex."

"What? He said that?!"

"No. But I could tell."

"Are you sure?"

I scoff, "I point-blank... asked him how he felt about me... and he said he could show me better than he could tell me. So, yeah. I'm sure."

She pauses for a moment, "But... that doesn't mean–"

"It does, Kat."

She gives me a sympathetic look, "Well... that's just more of a reason to get over him! You need a rebound."

"After what happened with Blake and now Tristan... I'm thinking I should take a break from guys."

"That's no fun."

"More fun than feeling like I have been. I need to chill for a bit. Maybe go away for the weekend."

"A vacation? I'm so down!"

"You want to? We can go to that really nice spa that's right outside of the city."

"Uh, yes!"

"Then it's settled. Go pack, and I'll make the reservation. We'll leave ASAP."

"Yay!" She squeals, "This is gonna be so much fun."

I open my laptop and quickly make the reservation from tonight until Sunday, and then get to packing.

It's only a weekend, so I don't need to pack much. I'll pack a few nice outfits for when we go out to the restaurant or whatever, but we'll mostly be inside of the spa, so we don't need to get dressed or put on any makeup.

About forty-five minutes pass, and I've finished doing everything I have to do before leaving.

I go into Kat's room, "You ready?"

"Yeah, in a second. I'm just looking for this one top that I can't find."

"No rush. I'll be downstairs."

I grab my little suitcase by the handle and lug it down the stairs, "Jeez. I packed heavier than I thought."

"Guess you're going somewhere?"