6

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

𝙑𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

The next two weeks went by pretty fast. I had spent almost every night at Blake's, and rarely was home. Blake and I have grown even closer, and never get sick of each others company. It was Friday once again, thank God. My work week was insane, so needless to say I'm ready to relax for the weekend.

Tristan and I didn't exchange any more than a few words to one another. Only on the occasional night that I was home for dinner. It was weird, to be honest. Things between Tristan and me haven't been this awkward, and silent, since last year when we kissed. We avoided each other for nearly three weeks, until we decided to just... move past it. But things are different this time.

Why was he so mad at me for being with Blake? It didn't make any sense. Blake is a great guy... even Sage thinks so. It's probably just Tristan's ego that won't let him be around another man who's more successful than him, or something. I don't know. Men are fucking strange.

"Hey, sis."

"Hey."

"You look like you're getting ready to cook."

"I am."

"Oh, wow. You're actually gonna be home for dinner? Feels like it's been forever."

I chuckle, "I know. It'll be nice."

"You've been spending so much time with Blake, I feel like I barely see you anymore."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Not at all. I'm glad you like him as much as you do. He's an awesome guy. Plus, ever since you started seeing him, you haven't asked me once to go The Cage."

Wow... he's right. I honestly haven't even thought about it.

"Hmph, guess you're right."

"Is Kat gonna be home for dinner?"

"Mhm. What about, uh... Tristan?"

"Yeah, I think so. He didn't mention that he was staying late at the office."

Why do I feel kind of nervous to see him?

What am I saying? It's fine...

Just as the table was being set, Kat and Tristan both walk in at the same time.

"Letty!" Kat hugs me, "You're home for dinner? And you're cooking?"

"Mhmmm. You're home just in time. It'll be done in a few minutes."

"What happened?" Tristan says.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, since you're home, something must've happened with Blake, right? What is he, working late or something?"

And there's the snarky comment I was waiting for.

"Yes, but that's not why I'm home. I just wanted to see you guys."

"Aww, see? She still loves us, you guys."

I chuckle, "Yes, of course I do. But uhh... I'm not staying the night."

Tristan scoffs, "Course."

"V, you're killing me. We haven't gone out in weeks!"

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. How about tomorrow night we go out and have a good time?"