chapter 3

Scarlett POV

as I walk home, with them still spying on me. I can't help but think of what happened years ago. it just so happens that nothing makes sense to me. someone killed Orion, or didn't. Fuck if I know. His body never got retrieved.

But let's say the dead guy in my living room was Orion, then how did he get killed. And in my fucking house. the house with hidden rooms and passages. He even helped me build most of them. so how? Why didn't he use these damn passages to escape. like, no, seriously what else are they there for. Old man probably wanted to do it his way.

Both possibilities bring nothing to the table. Orion is still nowhere to be found. Everything stayed a mystery. Let's not mention how they lured me into the house, with Orions supposed body. I was almost caught. who betrayed us, was the one question eating at me. or rather who found out I existed. Either way Snitches get stitches. And I will play, like the cat does with its prey, when I get the traitor ratting me out.

Orion had been my only ever family. The only friend I have ever had apart from wildcard, which he introduced me to, but for safety measures we never got to see eachothers faces or know each others names. which leaves me all alone in this world.

And do you know what they say about people that have nothing left to lose? They are the once you should be scared of. Fear me bitches. And I gave them a reason to do so. Now that they knew there was a trained spy under Orion, one legacy. I didn't have to lay low, and I was feral at that time, so brought havoc down the shades cartel.

I attacked their main house, disabling all the cameras. Killing everyone, it was a blood bath. I used that same blood to write a small note on the wall.

"should have feared my wrath, too late"

I had found that hideout from the papers Orion had. The rest I had to find for myself. as Orion likes write everything in codes. That fucker is still being a pain in the ass, even from the after life.

back then I didn't question his death. Because he hadn't showed up when he was supposed to. I was already expecting the worst and then, the worst happened. but I had to flee, I didn't get to search or get answers. something that's been bothering me, is his neckless. it wasn't on him. that neckless is the key for the most recent hidden passages. But it's a really tricky neckless, you can either take it off by using my neckless, or you have to cut it with a masking and that would send me a notification. the only other solution is if you cut his head of and take it, and well since the dead body I saw, had his head intact. it really makes me question you know. But I didn't really register it before after my grief.

while in my grief faze I had gone somewhat mental. Fantasizing about how I would kill the ones blamable. And after, let me be honest, not much thinking, I'd decided I would play the paranoia game. Let me explain. I visited each and every secret house I found, though this time around I didn't kill anyone, neither did I disable any cameras. I just walked right in and out, leaving a message on the wall. without being seen. as if I never arrived or left.

"you know what they say, fear those who have nothing to lose"

"Really? Ghost!!!, like how unoriginal can one person get"

"nuhuh, you time is ticking"

"should have known you can't hide"

"---- I'd rather be called Diva at this point"

Fine, well I went out of context in some of them. But it did infuriate them so it was a win, and you know what they say. A win is a win. That last day I entered the house with a smile on my face, for the first time since the incident. but then I quickly got hit by reality, had a good cry day in the hidden passages.

And I remember as clear as day, thinking if Orion had been here, He'd say "you really shouldn't be staying in a house they already know about" and I knew what I would say "oh well, Orion you see, they can't get in here, its either your key or mine. no copy would work" and it hit me then. He didn't have the neckless. I tried finding a camera that might have captured that but I could find it. It got me hoping you know. that he might be alive. Fuck, now I wish I had put a tracker on that neckless.

I fish out my keys from my pocket, and unlock the door to Riley Blake's house, AKA mine. And then I lock it behind me. really Iv'e had my fair share of getting spied on today. it's time to visit my real house. I go to change my clothes, wear a wig, and then I find the door to my hidden passage. I scan my key, and it opens.

What I had meant by, there can't be any copies of this neckless was, I put a DNA disk inside It, Orions has his, mine has my DNA. If someone imitates the key, and tries to unlock a hidden passage, they will meet one of the many traps I have. and I will be getting a notification.

I go thro the hidden passage and it locks behind me, and then the light come up. the passage here isn't nearly as fancy as the one in my house. Not because I don't have the money. I'm basically stupid rich. Thanks to Orion, after his death, because I'm legally his daughter, I got everything. and it wasn't like I wasn't already managing a lot off the money. Because let's face it, he didn't have the time, and I had nothing more then time.

as I reach the end of the passage I take out my neckless to scan it again. and then I go thro the door, to the apartment across from mine. I leave the apartment, taking my motorbike and drive it to my house, which really is in 20 minutes distance with the motorcycle.