Chapter 4

Ethan Knight POV.

I sit on the couch inside my current living room. looking out the floor to ceiling window, with my coffee in hand. I went to check out the building today, to see how Phoenix had entered it without getting caught. either this phoenix managed the impossible, or he/she didn't have to enter the building at all, as he/she was already in there. However the issue with this idea is, firstly that could mean Phoenix is still in the building. secondly and this is more tricky. who killed the people outside then. they had been shoot from afar, and the shooter hadn't aimed form inside the building, no. The bullets came from a rooftop, a sniper. 

Then that would mean they are at least two people, right? This could be a joining hand situation.  Shades Cartel, they're acting so paranoid, they arn't even sharing information inside their ring. This must be a huge thing. 

If we go back to the idea phoenix is still in the building, than that could mean two things. He/she is hiding, or blended in with the new crew of people to escape. 

I wander where the Mistry girl stands. She didn't look capable of this much damage. but if wildcat taught me anything, it was to never underestimate an opponent, especially if they look innocent. She'd once said, their biggest advantage is getting underestimated. She had wise words for a wild woman. 

Three questions really then. Was it really just one person? What is scarring Shades Cartel this much? And last but not least, where does mystery girl stand? 

Ravi bursts out of his room, his laptop in hand. "two news, firstly we found out who mystery girl is. Her name is Riley Blake. " was he really that excited about the mystery girls name, oh wait he said two news. I stand up. "The second news?" he fumbles a little and then puts his laptop on top of the comforter, sitting down he pulled up a voice memo. I sit down next to him. "It's from the bosses office" He says. 

the memo starts with someone cursing, and then there is crashing sounds. 'Is it her, is she back?' the boss asked, and then another voice speaks up, 'it's been 6 years, I highly doubt it sir' doubt leasing his voice. There is this small pause before a laugh I could only explain with hysteria comes up 'Let me freshen you memories, Diva was no ordinary girl, she was mental. don't you remember the..." and then the memo stops.

"what happened? why did it stop?" I look up at Ravi, He looks unfazed "Someone bursts into the the room and then. blah blah." Ravi doesn't even look up from his laptop, typing something in. and then he faces the screen my way "This tho is important information. I hacked into their system, and found this folder about Diva. also registered as Ghost.". Not him finding my questions unimportant. he presses something and video comes up. "This is the only camera that has ever captured Diva, Diva here is pretty aware of the camera. in fact it is used to give the boss a massage

Ravi presses start and the video starts playing. one second everything is fine, next second people are dying. and then, she comes into the frame, going right over to the hidden camera and takes it out. 'this one is by far the most ridiculous attempt at capturing my face' then she laughs, moving the camera with her. 'You know, I've actually came here today to say, I won't be having time to play this paranoia game with you anymore, I have a bigger issue to take care of. Oh and I know you're trying to hold my existence hidden, don't worry I'm going to help you with that, k bye." then she puts the camera where she took it from. And leaves. 

That voice, where have I heard it before. Ravi next to me chuckles "What's so funny?" I ask raisin a brow. "It's not funny funny, but come on it's funny. She's talking to him as if he's some friend of her's. and do you know what she meant by 'don't worry I'm going to help you with that'?" that's right. "What did she mean by that?" Ravi pressed on some button again, and pictures come up. some really disturbing images "She assassinated everyone, who knew about her existence except, the boss and his right arm. thats not all, she left messages after each and every assassination, basically making fun of them. She used the assassinations to show off all her skills. and often made fun of how easy it was to kill them all

"Of course at start the boss didn't believe she would just leave like that. But she did." Ravi continues explaining. "By the technique and all, I'd say it is the same person. However something about the recent assassination feels different. That could be because she's grown older" I lean back at the couch "or she might be joining hands with someone. If not, I really don't know how she managed past all these cameras." I say. Ravi nods "It is a possibility."

"So... Riley Blake, you say... Who is she?" I ask.