chapter 8

Scarlett P.O.V. 

Did brown eyes just leave without locking the door. Damn. Have I put the bar that low. Do they think I'm incapable of anything, or what? Annoying little rats. Now that I think about it, blue eyes had been in my house once upon a time. What was that about? and then he was there when he scooped me off the road. 

To think I had been excited about my first time getting kidnapped.My excitement however seems to slowly vanishing into thin air. How much longer will I be waiting here. Did they kidnap me just to have me locked in a room. Not that it's locked anymore. And for the love of god, couldn't they find a more claustrophobic room. 

I lean back in the chair. throwing one leg over the other. fucking amateurs. he should have bound my feet together or to the chair. not that it would have stoped me.... but god....AMATURES!!!

Maybe I should take the unlocked door as an invitattion to join them. yes I should join them. I'm thirsty anyway. might as well get a glass of water out off this. 

Ethan P.O.V 

she just walked out, as if its the most normal thing in the word. as if she wasn't kidnapped, as if its her house and we are the guests. she was headed right to the kitchen. As if she already new it would be there. not minding the gun pointed right at her. she opens a couple of cabinets looking for something. I turn my head to glance at Ravi, he looks just as shocked. when I look back at her, she's holding a glass looking satisfied. she goes to fill it with water before speaking. "the service here sucks, but I had a good conversation with him" she raises the glass slightly at Ravi and continues with "So I'll give 3 out of 5 stars" and then she takes a couple of sips from the glass "tho I can't say the same about the obsessive cafe guy. He is a huge part of the lacking stars. is he always this grumpy?" the question is aimed at Ravi, no doubt. 

Still holding the gun in my hand I slightly turn my head to look at Ravi. Ravi is holding a gun pointed at her as well. he looks stunned. his eyebrows still raised. but then I see amusement creep into his expression. he smiles, lowers the gun and then shrugs "most off the time yes, but not towards me. I'm sad to inform you but you're in the receiving end of his grumpiness." why the fuck would he lower his gun??? 

I look back at her, she's looking around the house now, from the floor to ceiling windows and an to the counter that splits the kitchen from the living room. then she sets the glass down on the counter. "What a beautiful house right?" the question is unexpected. and the expression she has is... I don't know how to explain it. it's as if she knows something we don't. as if there is something she just realized. something obvious, that we are oblivious to. 

she walks around the counter. Her eyes fixated on me. "I would say you're a cop, but then I don't really think so, maybe an agent." And she looks at Ravi. narrowing her eyes, than she raises her eyebrows. as if just realizing something else "you didn't forget to lock it" she says. its not a question its a statement, there is humor in her voice. Ravi shrugs. "maybe." WAIT what now? I know better than to question Ravi, but a little heads up would have been appreciated. I look at Ravi and then back at Riley. They both look like they know something the other doesn't. And I feel left out. they keep the eye contact as if it's some type of competition to see who wins, who would back down and surrender. Had Ravi told me, I wouldn't have been left out right now. 

It's Riley who backs down first. "Fiiinne" She huffs out. Like a child who did get her candy. she takes slow steps towards the couch. "You can put dow the gun now, it looks ridiculous. We both know your not going to shoot me" She says nonchalantly not even looking at me while she goes to sits down on the couch. I look at Ravi. he nods and I lower the gun down. Then Ravi speaks up "Are you going to start talking?" the question aimed at Riley. "Depends on how much you reciprocate"