chapter 10

Xavier P.O.V.

She comes out behind the trees then. At first sight I decided she can't be Orions daughter. She looks nothing like him. Well I know there is a possibility she looks more like her mother. But then again, I dont know her mother, thanks a lot Orion. But as I said. It's impossible to look nothing like ur father no matter how much you look like ur mother.

Studying as she walks out behind the threes, the second thing that gets my attention is her lack off alarm. Maybe she's gotten lost in the woods I think just then. But looking at her studying her clothes I realize how ridiculous that is. She doesn't look like a lost girl. Nor does she look scared to be lost in the woods with a man she doesn't know. She walks confidently, calmly, to friendly now that I think about it. Does she know me? What if she is burning rose. Maybe she is the one protecting Orions daughter. That would explain why she is here. I knew Orion trained someone. But I didn't know if it had been a she or a he. Sometimes he'd talk as if it was a girl and then he'd talk as if it's a guy. Though he never admitted he was the one training this person. I didn't believe it, he had this glint in his eye. I was almost sure he was training that person. I knew it, but you get it. I couldn't prove it. That fucker new me to well. He knew exactly how to cut me out from information.

Just when she is out of the shadows, a neckless gets my attention. Orions neckless. Instantly I feel ridiculous. Her confidence and lack of aggression made me let my guard down, I only thought about the possibilities where she was who I wanted her to be. That neckless is unique. Orion said there was only one of it in the world, it was costume made, self made, no one who could make another. Orions dead body never got recovered, which sometimes makes me doubt his death. How does she have that neckless? She might be a spy? No actually I'd call her a rat. Spy is too fancy for a traitor. Fuck I was about to give away the one information Orion trusted me with. All it would have take was to ask if she was the daughter and then the information would have gotten out. 

I don't trust her at all. Let's see if she is the one responsible for the lockdown. If she knows the password that would mean Orion trusted her with it. That makes me think she is burning rose all over again. I wander just how much she knows.

I wait until she walks closer. And she does. Until she is right in front of me. Tilting her head slightly to look up at me. She stands there, looking hopeful, and a little hesitant. «Xavier» she says. «Who do you think ur talking to right now?» She looks like a child, vulnerable. Makes me want to tell her. But I dont, I won't. She's trying to maipulate me. «The one who activated the lock down» I say, assessing her. She nods, looking almost disappointed. She looks to the house just then. «Then your talking to the right person" She's back to her confidence. Raises her head «someone got inside, knowing damn well they don't belong there.» I nod. I agree, mason doesn't belong in there.

She looks up at me, questioningly raising an eyebrow «do you know the password?" she doesn't wait for an answer. Mumbling to her self when she starts heading to the front door 'If he knows where the house is I bet he'd know the password' she says and then walks up to the steps leading to the door. Not looking back. She decided I did know after all. And I did. She puts in a password and then the lockdown is off. She takes out a pistol and walks in.

Any other person would have perhaps told her the guy inside is no harm. Not to worry, or whatever. Or maybe they'd tell her what was waiting ahead. Tell mason not to be scared out off his mind. But I see this as an opportunity, to see if she can fight, or if she's just simply that, a girl. And frankly I don't like mason. I don't trust him. Seeing him get beaten up wouldn't be that bad. 

I walk inside. Not rushing at all. When I get inside I see mason approaching her from behind but without even losing a beat she disarmed him. Apparently pretty aware someone was behind her. With one final swing she hits him behind the head. He goes unconscious. Interesting. Fine then she isn't just a simple girl.