Chapter 9

Scarlett P.O.V. 

Finding out all I needed to know, I left. Didn't even look back or think twice. They will eventually find out about the hidden passages. But it won't matter by then. Because there is no repeating this. I'm not getting kidnapped again. 

I snuck my phone into my pocket when they weren't looking. All I have to do now is, enable the lockdown again. I hadn't realized just how long I'd been in there. It's been over 24 hours, one whole day. The lock down will stop just about any second now. I had started a 24 hours lock down not expecting any kidnapping attempts. Since I got kidnapped. There was no further updates on that note. 

This is the only lockdown I've enabled with the possibility of lifting it whenever I want. I could extent it as much as I want. But as I said. I got scooped off the road. I need to get away before I can sit down to activate the lockdown again. If wed have to set a timeline, then I'd say I have 10 minutes. soon they will realize I'm gone. And even if they don't come looking for me. They will scan the cctv footage. I need to get away and I need to erase them before enabling the second lockdown. 

Working with a phone takes more time than it would have had I been doing this on my laptop. Were should I go first? Should I take a taxi to the house? That's not a smart thing to do. Going back to find my motorcycle is also to risky. Rileys house is off the table. What should I do? buying one now would take far too long. Right, right, the company cars. I can just take one. My company my car, right? I turn a corner into an empty shady road. No cameras. and then I take out my phone and erase every last trace of me. Brown eyes might have found some off them, but soon he will lose all of them whether he likes it or not. Him living in one of my houses just makes it even easier for me. my software can disable his. 

When I'm done I restart the lock down before I sneak into a building. and go to the roof tops. I jump from roof to roof as far as I can go. and then I get down. and walk into a clothing store. buy some clothes and change into them. I then delete the recent camera footage that captured me walk in, and the once inside the store. When I walk out with my new attire I make it a point not to look at any cameras, to hide my face. I get a taxi, and go to one of my tech companies. I get a car and leave. I don't take it up to Orions house. can't risk it being seen there. As it is connected to the company. 

I leave the car a couple of miles away from the house. I go into the woods. these woods are actually pretty dangerous and I wouldn't recommend anyone who doesn't know their way to go in here. I however know all the ways here. And so I began my way to the house. this hide out is hidden in the woods. which is one of the reason I dont understand how someone found it. 

for this to be possible someone must have gone thru the woods, relatively unharmed. they need to find the house. and then they need to break in thro the security. or break the combination code. not to mind I would have gotten a notification the second someone entered the wrong password. No, the person either got it first try or they already new it. its not Orion tho. He would have been able to to take down the lockdown. he has the neckless. It's not him. 

When im finally there I see someone standing in front of the house. Xander. Orions best friend Xander. OMG he is alive. Oh but, fuck he doesn't know me. This is bound to get awkward. Is he trust worthy tho.  I haven't heard shit from him since Orions so called death, but than again he didn't know I existed. 

Xavier P.O.V.

I've never liked Mason. He isn't the reason I'm here, in front of a locked down house. I'm here because someone set up this lock down, and it might be Orion or his daughter. Why that fucker ever hid his daughter from me I will never understand. You'd think after years of friendship you'd tell your best friend of all people. But not Orion and his secrets. Thought, now that I think about it. He probably left those papers knowing I'd find them there, when I eventually came back from my own mission. Orion must have known something was about to happen to him, why else would he leave behind a will. 

He could have been more helpful tho. I get it, he couldn't straight up give me her address. Anyone else might have ended up finding those papers instead of me. But, I seriously need more information than his death wish being Scarlett Reynolds inheriting his assets as his daughter. 

I fixed everything under the table. Scarlett apparently already had began managing everything long ago. All I needed to do was let her keep the rights even after Orions death. finding out how rich Orion was didn't come as a shock to me. To everyone he'd been someone who had dedicated his life to being an agent, and he was. But that fucker was rich, I knew it but couldn't prove it. well until his death. I knew all the assets so I personally visited them all, hacked into some cameras. soon found out she is in fact Orions daughter. I couldn't get thro a lot of cameras, and some buildings couldn't be hacked at all. And then there was those who took me days to hack into, just for everything to be wiped clean. and the girl never personally showed up on any of the work places. Never. she'd set someone up to manage everything. I tried to get one of the positions under an alias to get to her. And I began managing one of the tech companies. I'm telling you she never, ever left anything for me to able to find her on. Orions daughter in fact

Just then I feel eyes on me. this weird sensation. The hair on my neck rise up "Come out!!" I yell. "I know you are there. I'll give you this you've been hiding really good. took me years to get to you".

Scarlett P.O.V. 

Wait what now. he's been looking for me? Well not me, who does he think he is going to talk to. I shouldn't have stared at him like that. He probably felt me staring thro his head. Orion would smack me across the head right know. he'd told me before, not to stand staring at people, especially not Xavier. 'He'd feel you staring' he said. I never understood how that works. I'm not even making any sound. How the fuck is it possible to feel someone look at you, like this is so bullshit.