School

I walked right class with kaylen telling her how haze stood me up. until he came walking up.

" lilah baby im sorry i got really busy last night." he says. "uhm it's ok i guess." i say unsure. "so are we good?"

"yea i guess." he kisses me in the cheek before going to class.

"Why didn't you ask him where he was, or make it known that that was not ok." kaylen says.

"i don't know , i just want a happy relationship." i admit. The truth is, i know haze would get mad if i was upset at him.

Haze had major anger issues and took it out on me most of the time.

We went to class and sat down.

****
Haze decided to take me out as a sorry from the other night.

i got ready and he showed up at my house on time. We sat down and looked at our menus.

"Hello i am maddie and i will be your waitress, can i start you off with some drinks?" haze completely ignores her.

"um ill get a sweet tea, haze baby what do you want to drink." he looks up from his menu with an annoyed look.

"just get me a coke." he says harshly. "ok no problem i will be right back with those drinks." The waitress walks away.

haze just sat there on his phone completely ignorant to the fact that we were on a date.

the waitress came back with our drinks and sets them on the table. "ok and are you guys ready to order." she asks.

"yes i'll get the shrimp alfredo." haze says. " and i'll get the uh." haze gives me a look. " i'll get the chicken salad." haze smiles at my words.

20 minutes later the waitress brings our food. we eat and she brings our bill. He pays and leaves a 5$ tip.

As the waitress picks up the bill and tip i can't help but say something. "H your only gonna give her 5$?" he glares at me. "here honey." i reach into my purse and pull out a $20 dollar bill and hand it to the waitress. "Thank you, have a nice day." she says and walks away.

haze gets up looking angry. "Let's go." I follow him outside and to the car. "haze did i do som-"
I was cut off by haze shoving me into the side of the car holding my throat.

"why the hell do you think it's ok to embarrass me like that in public." Haze said with anger in his eyes.

"Haze please." he tightened his grip. "pull anything like that again and i won't be so lenient." i nod and he lets go and walks to the other side of the car.

I gasp for air as i drop to the ground. "get in the fucking car delilah." he shouts from the other side.

i obey his command and climb into the car and the car ride is silent.

We pull up to my house and i take off my seatbelt. "Bye haze." i turn away to get out but he stops me.

He makes me face him by my chin and kisses me on the lips. "i love you." he says.

"i love you to." i say as i get out of the car and go into my house.

I dart upstairs and into my bedroom. haze has hit me before but never choked me. It was just an episode. i reassure myself.
*****
i wake up and go to the bathroom. i look in the mirror and see the marks haze had left on my neck.

I went back to my room and got dressed. i put on some black leggings with a nike hoodie and some ugg slides.

I go back into my bathroom and put makeup on the bruises on my neck. Then i brush my hair , put some mascara on and go.