Seven

Roralei watched in surprise as the three groaned, their eyes squeezed shut as they groaned. Something was happening to them, involving the mind flayer.

Her eyes widened as she sank to her knees before Shadowheart. "What can I do?"

But at the moment, their minds were elsewhere. Shadowheart gritted her teeth as her knuckles ground against the concrete, blood blotting the skin of her knuckles as she groaned.

Roralei turned and looked around, expecting someone to walk up on them; but there was no one. She turned back to Shadowheart, then back at the others.

"Oak father—"

Raising her hand, she slapped Shadowheart hard, causing the half-elf to grunt. She blinked multiple times, when she recognized where she was.

Roralei turned to the others. "Hey."

As she tried to gain their attention, Shadowheart reached into her pack and pulled out an unfamiliar device. Roralei watched as she used it, twisting it in between her hands. A large, red aura projected around them, seeming to free them from whatever prison their minds were taken by.

Roralei stepped back as they stood to their feet, watching as Shadowheart placed the device back into her pack.

The woman scoffed. "What in the nine hells just happened?"

Astarion looked at her. "How is it shielding us? And why? Not that I'm complaining."

Tav shook her head as she tried to recover. "That voice. . . Those visions. What just happened?"

"It helped us, yes. I can't tell you anymore." She said curtly.

"Don't take this offensively," Roralei began. "But I am truly thankful that I'm not infected by one of those tadpoles."

"Yes, you are." Shadowheart stated.

As they continued on, Roralei turned to her. "I'm sorry for slapping you. I panicked. And I didn't want to use magic, I would've hurt you."

"Apology accepted."

They continued across the bridge when Roralei could smell the lingering odor of smoke, flesh and piss the closer they got to the camp. The dull sound of singing occurred, causing her to raise an eyebrow.

"It's true. They're celebrating." Shadowheart commented as they approached the large crowd. Goblins of various ages were scattered around, selling, dancing and eating as a bard stood within the middle of their camp, stuttering and struggling to speak as a small goblins before him watched him intensely.

Roralei looked to Tav. "Poor man can't do a thing but listen to them."
"It's quite embarrassing, actually." Astarion said.

She rolled her eyes.

Shadowheart inhaled. "Looks like we've got to get to that door. . ."

Roralei followed her gaze, noticing the large, hungry ogre standing before the doors that would lead them inside. Her heart pounded in her chest as she stared up at him, inching closer to the door.

"We've been let in, just walk inside. . ."

And so they did. Roralei followed them inside, the large doors creaking as they entered. As the doors thudded loudly behind them, she clenched her jaw.

Astarion looked over at her, smirking slightly.

Goblin guards stood on each side of the entrance into the temple, speaking beneath their breaths as the group walked closer.

"Oi! What are you doin' in 'er?" The female asked.
"I have an audience with the priestess." Tav stated.
Roralei watched as the goblin debated on what to say and how to react. Stepping beside Tav, Roralei stared at the goblin, watching her shrink slightly as her dark eyes blinked sheepishly.