Chapter 3 - Late Night Talking

"Holy shit, Chaewon!" Yunjin yelled. It was only seconds before Yunjin's arms were around her again. Everything was warm, her face, her hands, her head, yet somehow, Yunjin remained cool, their touching skin made Chaewon shiver. She had never seen anyone so invested in a game of beer pong before. Well, four games of beer pong to be exact.

Chaewon was drunk, there was no point in denying it. She was certain her eyes were small and red, her face flushed and hair wild, but it didn't matter. She was having too much fun to care. And apparently, Yunjin was too, grinning wide and laughing even louder with each passing victory. Chaewon stared up at her, fixated on the rarity that was Yunjin's smile. Yunjin stared back, eyes glossy.

"What?" Yunjin asked a little louder than she should've considering how close together they stood.

Chaewon couldn't help grinning back at her, it was infectious. "You really like winning, huh?" She said.

"I love winning." Yunjin breathed as if it was a well-kept secret. "Can we win another one, Chaewon?" She pleaded. "You're getting really good."

Chaewon would've blushed if she wasn't already red from the alcohol. She knew that they should probably stop, they were drunk enough and it wasn't getting any easier to suppress the thoughts of wanting Yunjin's lips on her skin. However, she was more interested in hearing Yunjin say nice things and wrap her arms around her than she was in being responsible. "Sure, let's play another one." Chaewon smiled. Yunjin's eyes lit up and Chaewon watched as she immediately straightened up and started glancing around the room to find a pair of new challengers.

If Chaewon didn't know any better, she probably wouldn't be able to tell Yunjin was drunk. She held herself just as still and regally as ever, though now she looked more approachable. Warmer, more relaxed. It had to be the smile, the way it reached all the way to her eyes.

No one around met Yunjin's gaze after watching the last few rounds. No one wanted to be the next loser. "Chaemin." Yunjin called suddenly. Chaemin's head popped up from where he was seated, whispering into Eunchae's ear. He said something to her before he stood and walked up to Yunjin. "Play." She commanded, gesturing to the table with her head. He smiled slightly and took his place across from them on the other side of the table.

"I thought you didn't want to talk to him?" Chaewon asked quietly, brow furrowed.

"I don't." Yunjin said, chin raised defiantly. "But he's great at beer pong." She whispered, covering her hand with her mouth so Chaemin couldn't read her lips. Chaewon laughed. Yunjin was probably the only person she had ever met who would voluntarily play against someone who could beat her.

"I need a teammate." Chaemin called them.

"Eunchae?" Chaewon asked.

"No, I cut her off an hour ago." Chaemin said. All three of them looked over at Eunchae who was laughing to herself, slumping over the arm of the couch.

"Yeah, probably a good plan." Chaewon laughed  loudly. It was uncontrollable. Yunjin laughed too, staring over at her almost curiously. Chaewon was drunk enough to think freely of how much she loved the attention. She would keep laughing all night if she needed to. Suddenly, something swirled around in Chaewon's stomach. It took her a minute to place the sensation, but once she did, she laughed again. "Can you guys hold on? I gotta pee." She asked, looking back and forth from Chaemin to Yunjin. She bounced slightly back and forth for emphasis, so they would know she was serious. Yunjin watched her with an expression she didn't understand for a moment before she shook her head.

"Go pee." Yunjin laughed. Chaewon immediately dashed out of the living room and down a dark hall, already familiar with the layout of the apartment. She was lucky, there was no line for the bathroom, the light was on and the door was left open.