Chapter 12 - Hmmmm

Sakura slipped out a few hours later, pausing the movie to answer a mysterious phone call. Chaewon sat with her phone in her hands, debating on whether or not to make a call of her own. She tapped her screen to her recent calls. The phone rang only twice before there was an answer.

"A phone call? This must be serious." Yunjin teased.

"Well, I didn't want to give you the chance to ignore me." Chaewon said.

"I could've just not answered." Yunjin said.

"That's true, but a missed call is way more urgent than an unanswered text." Chaewon said.

"It is." Yunjin said. "So are you ever gonna tell me why you called?"

"Shut up." Chaewon said, chewing lightly on her bottom lip. "Anyway, I was thinking, now that we're friends again, wanna hang out?"

"Sure." Yunjin said plainly.

"Wow, I was not expecting that to be so easy." Chaewon laughed. "I thought for sure I was gonna have to fight you about it."

"Yeah, well, I'm trying to be less of an asshole, remember?"

"Right, right. So I guess I'll just come over?"

"Actually, we should probably just go out."

"Really? Why?" Chaewon asked.

"It's probably safer." Yunjin said, a moment's hesitation before she added. "You know, considering I wanna kiss you all the time."

"Right." Chaewon said, swallowing thickly. She was thankful Yunjin couldn't see her, because she could feel her cheeks heat up. "I'll meet you outside the dorm then?"

"When?" Yunjin asked.

"About twenty minutes?" Chaewon asked.

"Fine with me, see you then." Yunjin said.

"Bye." Chaewon said as she hung up.

"So where are we going, anyway?" Chaewon asked after they had gotten a few blocks from the dorm.

"The bar, I figured." Yunjin said.

"Wow, you're ready to drink again already? I would've thought with that hangover you'd be steering clear of booze for a little while." Chaewon teased.

"No." Yunjin chuckled. "I'm not planning on drinking. You can though."

"Uh, no. I'm underaged, remember?" Chaewon laughed.

"Shit, I completely forgot." Yunjin said, rubbing her forehead. "Bars are just easy, uh, but we could always go-"

"Why don't we just like, sit and talk." Chaewon asked, pointing to a low retaining wall that ran along the inside of the sidewalk.

"Talk about what?" Yunjin asked.

"I don't know, life?" Chaewon laughed. "This might come as a shock, but I did actually miss talking to you these past couple weeks. I don't even know how finals went for you." She said as she took a seat.

"You don't care how finals went." Yunjin said with a grin. She took a seat next to Chaewon.

"You're right, but that's only because I know you aced them all. I mean, you better have considering all the extra time you had to study without me interrupting." She joked.

"I did get a B." Yunjin frowned.

"You? Getting a B? Did you have pneumonia or something?" Chaewon asked.

"No." Yunjin rolled her eyes.

"Was it a class about maintain personal relationships? That would make perfect sense." Chaewon smiled.