Chapter 7 - Something Came Up

​​"You're drunk," Chaewon said, squeezing tighter on Yunjin's hand to keep her from trying to climb a tree they passed.

"I'm high." Yunjin disagreed with a giggle through heavy lidded eyes.

"You're both," Chaewon said, surprising the smile creeping into the corners of her mouth. It was a quiet night, surprising for such a crisp Saturday.

"This is a great day." Yunjin said softly.

"I'm glad." Chaewon said. She took Yunjin's hand and led her into her dorm, trying to pass the security desk and swipe in as quickly as possible.

Yunjin's sober facade cracked the moment she crossed into her room. Chaewon hardly had the time to close the door behind her before a fit of laughter had Yunjin curled onto her bed.

"I think it's time for you to sleep." Chaewon chuckled.

"I don't want to," Yunjin rolled over on her back to face Chaewon defiantly.

"Oh no?" Chaewon laughed.

"No. I want to talk."

"You want to talk?"

"Mhm." Yunjin hummed. She sat up, pulling up the hem of her half buttoned cardigan until it was stuck covering her face, evidently tangled into her long hair, grunting as she struggled.

"Oh my god, Yunjinnie," Chaewon laughed, rushing to her side. "What are you doing?"

"It's hot." She said, still trying to shrug her way out of the garment. For a moment, Chaewon watched her, amused and bewildered by the girl she thought she knew.

Tonight, it became obvious that she was missing crucial evidence that added up to who Yunjin was as a person. This was another missing piece. Though, now, Chaewon was more confident than ever that in due time, those pieces would be filled. She smiled and grabbed the end of the cardigan, pulling it off in one motion. Yunjin smiles breathlessly at her. "Thanks."

"It has buttons, you know." Chaewon said, holding the cardigan up at her.

"Fuck buttons," Yunjin laughed, tossing herself back down onto the bed. Chaewon sat near her legs, watching as she stretched lazily, letting out a little moan as she arched her back.

"Bed time?" Chaewon asked, trying hard to sound casual.

"Why're you so far away?" Yunjin asked, patting the space next to her with a loud thump.

"I'm not." Chaewon said, forcing a chuckle. Yunjin looked as if she was going to argue, but instead, she sat up and grabbed Chaewon by the shoulders to pull her down next to her. "Yunjin." Chaewon laughed.

"See, this is so much better." Yunjin said, shifting to make as much room as possible for Chaewon. They laid inches away from each other. Yunjin was flattened, back against the wall, and Chaewon almost felt like telling her to come a little closer. "It's good, right?" Yunjin asked, smiling at her again.

Chaewon couldn't help but smile back, nodding as a cool hand rested on the skin of her waist she hadn't realized was exposed. "What did you want to talk about?"

"I don't know." Yunjin laughed lightly. "I just didn't want you to go yet."

Chaewon bit back a grin. She wanted to ask something, to get Yunjin to confirm that she meant what she said, that she liked having Chaewon around. It might've been the first time she had ever been in Yunjin's company without feeling like she was intruding, but she wouldn't push anymore. It wouldn't be fair, not when she was sober and Yunjin was a few different types of fucked up. "I never would have pegged you for a cuddler," Chaewon teased, glancing down at the spot where Yunjin had tightened the grip on her waist.