Chapter 10 - I Need You

Chaewon had spent the last week in the comfort of Sakura's near empty apartment. Eunchae and her brother, Sunoo had gone home together for break, and Sakura was nice enough to pretend to invite Chaewon to stay and keep her company.

She liked it at Sakura's. There was a large window in the living room that faced the street. During the day she would sit on the arm of the couch and look out, sometimes drawing, often people watching. It was quiet without Sunoo there to bring friends in, too. At night when she and Sakura would curl up on the couch to watch Netflix, it almost felt like she was supposed to be there, rather than that she was avoiding her own place.

Chaewon sat on the couch, Sakura on an armchair across from her, sipping coffee from a mug. It had been a relaxing Saturday so far, the pair of them woke up at a respectable ten thirty am to watch the Harry Potter movies from the beginning.

"See, now this is so dumb." Chaewon pointed at the TV. "First of all, who decided that they were all gonna wear muggle clothes around school suddenly?" Chaewon asked. "And secondly, why did they make Hermione wonder what her hair looked like from the back? That's so not Hermione." Chaewon glanced at Sakura for back up.

"Preaching to the choir, kid." Sakura chuckled.

"It's like the director didn't even care." Chaewon sighed.

"He probably didn't." Sakura shrugged. Chaewon watched as Sakura checked her phone, looking slightly alarmed. "So uh, as much as I like you hiding out here, I kinda need you to take off for a few hours."

"Booty call?" Chaewon asked.

"You know it." Sakura grinned.

"How's the devil these days?"

"Oh come on, she's not that bad."

"Uh, did you forget the time she tried to fight us? Because I haven't."

"She apologized for that."

"Not to me!" Chaewon whined, making Sakura laugh.

"Well, you'll just have to take my word for it." Sakura shrugged.

"To be fair, you don't have a great track record of vouching for people." Chaewon shrugged.

"Yikes, true." Sakura pulled her lips back, miming pain. "No but really, you should probably go because she's supposed to be here any minute."

"Why did you wait until now to tell me?" Chaewon asked.

"Would you believe that I didn't want to be alone?" Sakura complained. Chaewon rolled her eyes.

"It's fine," Chaewon sighed as she stood from the couch. "I should probably head back to my room anyway. It's inspection week. Gotta make sure there's no contraband lying around." Chaewon said as she disappeared into Sakura's room to change out of her sweatpants.

"Don't you just love living in the dorms?" Sakura teased.

"As soon as next semester ends I'm out of there!" Chaewon shouted loud enough so Sakura could hear. "No more inspections or dumb alcohol rules or temperamental RA's-" Chaewon stopped short hearing a violent knock on the door. "Shit." She muttered, grabbing her shoes and pulling them on. Sakura had already opened the door by the time she returned to the living room. Kazuha looked just as intense as ever, standing stiffly near the door.

"Uh, hey." Chaewon said awkwardly.

"Chaewon." Kazuha nodded curtly.

"Sorry, I'm leaving." Chaewon said hurriedly.

"Zuha, you can go to the room. I'll be there in a second, just gonna lock up behind her." Sakura said. Without a word, Kazuha walked down the hall and out of sight.