Seventeen 🌹

Nalani was out at the store, picking up some groceries for the house. She was just getting a few items and on her way back home it was. Her cart was half way full, so she decided to go to the checkout. She was texting Nessa back on her phone as they were still chit chatting. She became close to her and they formed a nice friendship. As she was walking, she bumped into another cart.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention," Nalani apologized.

"It's okay. I shouldn't have even been standing here in the first place,"

"You're good,"

"I see you listening to Usher...nice,"

"Yeah, he's one of my favorites. Man is goated,"

"Definitely is. He's not talked about much, but he knows how his fans are rocking with him,"

"Right,"

"You live around here?"

"I stay 20 minutes away,"

"Okay. I'm walking distance. You look young? How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen. Eighteen in a couple months,"

"Oh, okay. I'll be 27 soon,"

"I mean that's still young,"

"It better be!"

"Well, I gotta get going,"

"Wait, what's your name?"

"Nalani,"

"Lol. My name is Kehlani. That's so cute how it rhymed,"

"That is! You got an instagram?"

Nalani and Kehlani exchanged social medias and went their separate ways. Nalani later found out that she makes music just like the singer. Nalani found herself stalking the woman's page and just seeing what she's been doing. She admired her work and even added her music to her playlists.

When she came back home, Robyn helped her with the groceries and put them away. Azania was out with Reasonz for the rest of the day, since their planning was over with.

"Got any word on Sweet yet?" Nalani asked.

"No, not yet," Robyn said.

"Taking forever,"

"Yeah. Heard them talking about the plan to get Smoke. Sounds like it's gonna be a fucking war zone..."

"Probably will. I'm not gonna be apart of that though,"

"They talking about having everyone there though,"

"Well, this is one of them ones where imma just count this one out,"

"You don't wanna shoot a gun at yo opp?"

"Not right now. Plus, they ain't even my opps. Those are my parents opps. I got none to do with that,"

"I don't know about that,"

"Whatever the heck that means, I guess I'll just be home,"

"Why don't you wanna get in the action? Once you join, then you have to get down and dirty.

It's no more cute shit,"

"My only job was to sell weed and snacks at school right now before I do any type of big time war. That's insane!"

"You won't be out there doing the hard work though. I think you'll be like in the background. I don't know yet, but everyone is in on it and that includes you, so be ready!"

"Robyn!" Jailee yelled.

Nalani and Robyn came running in the room. Robyn's nerves were jumping up and down as her adrenaline ran high.