Allen Del Rico

Sneak Peak

"I told you, Briallen! Do not be involved with that guy!" Kuya Tarian bellowed.

I couldn't do anything but cry. Hinahabol ko ang hininga. Hindi kinakaya ng isip at puso ko ang nalaman. I am watching my mother, trembling and staring at nothing. Dad is beside her, trying to take away her worries and fear. He hugs her like he won't let anyone take her away from his grasp.

"Look what's happening to Mom," nababasag ang boses ni Kuya. "Look at my M-mom.."

Sinapo ni Kuya ang mukha at umiling-iling, tila nauubusan ng lakas. Tila ba may pilit inaalis sa isip, may kinokontrol.

"B-but you didn't tell me anything..." I mumbled helplessly. "You could have told me about it..."

"Dahil hindi namin gustong ungkatin pa ang nakaraan ng Mommy mo. She doesn't want you to know," si Dad na dinig ko ang galit na pilit tinitimpi.

"Can't you just date someone, huh? Pinaghigpitan ka ba namin sa lalaki, Allen?" muling usig ni Kuya sa akin, kung tignan ako ay tila wala na siyang nakikitang pag-asa sa akin.

Sunod na sunod ang pagtulo nang mainit na luha sa mga mata ko.

"I love him..." I whispered.

I shut my eyes when I heard the thud of broken glass. It came from my brother's direction.

"No, you don't!" he bellowed. "You don't, Allen! Hindi pwede!"

That's when Kuya Eros entered. His eyes soften when he saw me but he went to Kuya's side, trying to bring him outside.

"Calm yourself, Tarian," it was Dad. "I'll make your Mom sleep and I'll talk to her, son. I promise. I'll make your mom fine. "

Sumasagad ang kilabot sa buong pagkatao ko nang masalubong ang malamig at walang buhay na mga mata ng aking ama. Gone is the man who always smile and cracked jokes. Gone is the man whom I thought is a soft one. This...is different from the father who raised me.

"Troi..." Mom muttered and just like that, she passed out.

Dad's face was clouded with anger and fear. He carried Mom. Tumayo ako, binalak puntahan sila pero nang tapunan ako ng tingin ni Daddy, doon na ako natigilan.

"End what you have with that boy, Briallen," he demanded, gritting his teeth while looking at me with authority.

My heart breaks after I heard that. I can't! I love Dius. He lovrs me. He doesn't have anything to do with this!

"Dad, h-he's innocent. I l-love-"

"He is the son of your mother's rapist!" he seethed. His eyes were bloodshot. A sign that he's loosing his control over his emotion.

I know... If I continue fighting for what I think is right, Dad might see me as an enemy. And it scares me. Because Mom is in difficult situation. Mom cannot shelter me from Dad and Kuya's anger. The only calm in this chaos is now weak, unable to keep herself calm and steady because her trauma is here. Her trauma unfolded right before her eyes and it's me... It's me who brought it back. It's me, her daughter.

Embers Of Devotion is now on Chapter 17 on VIP Exclusive group. If you're interested, feel free to message me on my Facebook page or account, Nefeli Del Rico/The Nefeli Exclusive.