3 || My soft spot

I was working in my office when the door of my office burst opened and there was the person in his full glory with a grin plastered on his face, Ethan

I was working in my office when the door of my office burst opened and there was the person in his full glory with a grin plastered on his face, Ethan. This asshole....he is the only person who has the audacity to enter in my office without knocking.

I have asked him countless times to knock before entering but whom I am taking about?
Sir Ethan Parker follow only one agenda that is rules are meant to be broken.

He took a seat in front of me and rested his one hand on the desk. I sighed.

"Hey dude! whatsup?"

"Will you ever knock before entering?"

"Nope" He replied with a proud grin.

I sighed again and focused back on the file which I was reading. Nothing can be done with a imprudent creature like him.

"So, are you up for the club tonight?" he asked.

"No, I have work to do."

"Oh really, if I say Aster will be there too, then?" he said with a hint of tease in his voice.

This bastard clearly knows that I have a soft spot for her and he doesn't miss a single chance to use her either to tease me or make me do things in his way.

"So what, her presence won't reduce my work load." I tried to maintain a poker face showing that I am not affected by her presence at all.

" You sure?" he spoke with a mischievous smile.

I tried my best not to smile, afterall she was back after two weeks from London. I am dying to just have a glimpse of her. Her mere presence affects me in every possible way.

Her eyes, so captivating. Her smile, so beautiful, enough to make my day. I find solace in her presence.

I don't know what this feeling is? What should I name it? I don't even know when I started to feel for her, when she started to affect me so much?

....Maybe when I first saw her.

I don't know when I fell deep in her thoughts. My thoughts were interrupted by a hand waving in front of my face.

" Bro what's wrong with you why are you smiling like a fool?"

I maintained the poker face again by mumbling a small nothing to him.

"Don't tell me you were daydreaming about her." He again started with his bantering.

"I was not" I tried to defend myself.

"Fucking liar."

He dare not just curse me on my face and even called me a liar. I looked at him with a stunned expression.

"What" he barked with a full confidence.

This fucker.

"What did you just say?" I picked up the paper weight.

"What" his face paled looking at the paper weight.

"No, before that asshole what did you say, repeat that again."

"Don't tell me you were daydreaming about her. "

"After that" I kept my file aside and aimed the paper weight at him.

"I didn't say anything wrong, weren't you clearly lying?" He got up and tried to run away.

"Don't you know too much about me?"

"Afterall I am your best friend " He stood far away from me.

"Oh, then I want to give you this as a gift for being my friend and always being so understanding." I pretended to throw the paper weight at him.

"yaaaaa, If you want to meet her then come to the usual club at 8" he went out screaming.

Thank God there is only mine and my secretary's cabin on this floor.

I sighed and looked at my wrist watch. I have enough time before going to the club.I again engrossed myself in the files.

Next day I was awaken by sun rays hitting on my face

Next day I was awaken by sun rays hitting on my face. I groaned in annoyance as it was disturbing my beautiful sleep and this severe headache wasn't helping too. I rolled to the left side of my bed and picked up my phone from the bedside table. I half opened my eyes to look at the time.

Oh shit! I am gonna be late. Noooo! I have meeting with a client. I barely have half an hour left to reach to my office.

This headache uhhh.. I shouldn't have drank that shitty tequila yesterday but I barely had two shots. Now, I don't have much time to care about this headache.

I jumped out of my bed and ran to take a shower. I took the most fastest shower ever I have taken and rushed to my walk in closet. I came out wearing a white blouse pairing it with cream pants and then applied a light makeup. I thought to skip breakfast as I only have ten minutes to reach.

I grabbed my bag, phone, car keys and some of the files which were required and ran to the parking lot. I tripped on my way almost twice. Thank God no one saw me tripping or it would have been so embarrassing.

I reached 15 mins late but fortunately something came up and the client asked to postpone the meeting an hour later. I really don't like when any of my client ask to postpone the meeting but this one was the life saviour.

In the meantime I asked Emily to bring me a cup of coffee.

After an hour my clients arrived and I went for the meeting. It took much more time than expected.

After there departure I came back in my cabin. Sitting on the chair I threw my head back and rested on its top.

"I should do something of this headache before it gets worse." I mumbled.

I sat straight and made an appointment at the very moment with my usual doctor for tomorrow at 6 in evening.

_______________________
_____________

What do you think about Andrew's feeling?

Share your opinion.

VOTE, COMMENT
AND
SHARE

Take care
Bye
💖