6 || Proposal

Hello readers!
Here is the new update.
Happy reading!
______________________________
_________________

I came back to my penthouse after dropping Mom off at home. I wanted to stay there for a few days, but I have to execute my plan too, and for that, I should not live with mom or she will get suspicious about it. You know mother's sixth sense, though I will keep visiting her every now and then.

I first took shower, and as it was a weekend I wore comfortable clothes, a baggy t-shirt and a lower then made lunch for myself.

After completing all the chores, I sat on the bed with my phone in one hand and the card which I received from Dr. Eric in another.

Should I call him? Am I doing the right thing? Will he accept the proposal? We just met yesterday for the first time. Will he think of me as a creep? What should I do?

Thousands of uncertain questions kept arising in my mind. But if I want to see my mom happy, then I have to do this; there is no other way.

Yes...I have to do this.

I made up my mind and dialled his number. After some seconds, a gentle, manly voice came from the other side.

"Hello, Dr.Eric Collins speaking." And that's it. All the courage I built up a minute before went down from the hill.

For a minute I didn't say anything, I didn't had the courage to. I feel like I am doing something wrong, like dragging someone in my own selfish needs, but no...this ain't selfish; it's about mom, and afterall, I will clearly disclose everything about my motive.

"Hello" a little impatient voice came again.

"Uh...yes...Dr. Collins. It's me Aster Williams, your patient, you attended yesterday, you also gave me your card."

"Oh! Miss. Williams. You don't need to remind me, your name is enough to recognise you."

"Oh!... okay"I replied nervously.

"Um...I wanted to make a request. Can we please meet?"

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes..Yes..I am absolutely fine. It's just I want a favour. I will tell you when we meet. Can we meet somewhere out?"

"If it's okay with you." I frequently added.

'Please don't say no, please, please, please. you're my one and only hope.' I kept chanting in my head.

"Okay...but where do you want to meet." Came back his hesitant reply.

"Um...A cafe will be best, I will message you the address."

"Time?"

"Yeah, time, I am so stupid what time do you get free?"

"What about 6?" he asked.

"Anytime is fine with me."

For a minute, we stayed in the awkward silence.

"Ok then see you at 6." I broke the silence.

"Hmm.. Alright"

I hung up the call and sighed in relief. Atleast he didn't refused for the meet up. So, Level 1 completed, it's time to work on Level 2.

But before that, I should take a quick nap.

'Wow, what a good start to Level 2! '

______________________

I reached at the cafe before the destined time and sat on a empty table. I chose the corner most one cause I don't want anyone to get a single idea what we are talking about.