8 || Meeting family

Tomorrow came really fast, and here I am waiting in my car, nervous as hell ! I won't lie, I have lied to my mom countless times; everyone does, but this is something else

Tomorrow came really fast, and here I am waiting in my car, nervous as hell ! I won't lie, I have lied to my mom countless times; everyone does, but this is something else. I am not able to count it as a small lie; it feels like I am committing a sin by deceiving my mom.

Everything is so messed up, I am losing the ability to think straight. Fuck my fucking life.

I heard a knock on the window of my car and looked to the side.

"Oh..Mr. Collins" sliding the window frame, I asked him to come and sit inside.

Yesterday we made plan to meet my mom, but before that, we needed to exchange some of our personal information that a normal couple should know.

Not wanna take a single risk and get exposed on the very first day.

First we started by planning a false story about how we met, then started dating, how many months have passed since our relationship, and then other usual stuffs like our likes and dislikes, family backgrounds and many more things.

"I think this is enough information I can share for now, Miss Williams."

"Hmm...That's fine. One more thing as we are pretending to be dating infront of each other's families, we should try talking informally, like you know, taking first name and all."

"And we can also try being friends, it will be easier for us to spend our 2 years relationship."

"I will keep that in mind, Aster."

We smiled at each other.

"Shall we go?" I asked, and he nodded in response.

We reached in about 20 minutes. I parked the car, and as Eric was about to open the door, I held his hand. He looked at me with confusion written on his face.

"Umm...I know it will be hard for us, but to make them believe in our relationship and also to show that we have been in relationship for past 3 months, we should act a little lovey dovey." I spoke without making eye contact.

"Just a little like holding hands and all, I don't want them to be suspicious about us. Please..."I said with my pleading voice.

"Okay, I will try." he said after nodding.

Reaching my mom's room, I saw her looking at some photo album.

"Mom" I called her to gain her attention.

She wipped her tears and slipped the photo album under the pillow. She turned around and smiled, looking at me. But I know she is trying to hide her pain with her smile.

"Oh! Aster, you are here."

Approaching her, I immediately hugged her.

"I missed you a lot." she giggled and kissed my cheeks.