Chapter 7

Toman members met up at the Musashi Shrine for a meeting, chattering about the upcoming fight that brought both excitement and anticipation.

Clearing his throat, Draken held his hands behind his back and turned to the crowd, taking in a deep breath.

"The pre-battle meeting for our fight against Valhalla will now begin!" Draken announced loudly.

Everyone grew silent and all eyes were on the leader who stared down at them with a serious expression.

"I'm glad to see you all here today!" Mikey began.

"Tomorrow we're going head-to-head with Valhalla. They picked this fight with us. There's nothing for us to gain! Also...Baji has sided with our enemy! We don't go easy on traitors! That's Toman's policy!"

"Never thought Baji would be a traitor..." Y/n muttered with an annoyed expression.

It's not that she was annoyed with Baji. Well, she kinda was. Although, she was more annoyed at his actions because she has no idea why the most loyal guy she's ever met would betray his friends.

Her expression morphed to confusion as Mikey suddenly plopped onto the ground, letting out a slow breath.

"Can I...just be a kid?" Mikey suddenly spoke.

The crowd became surprised and confused, letting out a few mutters as Mikey slightly chuckled.

"I don't wanna fight Baji." Mikey smiled.

"So, here's my solution! Lend me your strength, everyone! Tomorrow, we're gonna crush Valhalla and take Baji back!!" That's how we fight our battles!" Mikey announced.

Y/n smiled and the crowd began to cheer at Mikey's words, newly found determination fueling them all.

"Sorry, N/n, Ken-chin. Did I fail as a leader?" Mikey asked, glancing over at them.

"Definitely not!" Y/n grinned.

"I think all this cheering answered that." Draken nodded in agreement.

-----

"What...?" Y/n uttered with a blank expression, eyes boring forward.

"I lost Peke J! He usually leaves my room through the window and comes back during lunch time, but he hasn't! It's been a day!" Chifuyu shouted, gripping his hair in worry.

"Maybe a bird ate him. He ate my bird..." Y/n bitterly muttered as she looked away.

Yes. You read that right. Y/n used to have a pet bird, one she found in the street. Sure, she only had him for a day, but that was one of the best days of her life. However, after one day had passed and she returned home from school...

...she found Peke J sitting on her bed, a single feather sitting beside him.

"Y/N! THIS IS SERIOUS!" Chifuyu exclaimed.

"Fine!" Y/n dramatically sighed.

"Do you know anything? Or are you completely lost?" She asked.

"Completely lost! That's why I need your help!" Chifuyu replied.

"Alright. I'll go this way. You go the other." Y/n nodded, pointing in two opposite directions.

"Alright. Call if anything happens or you find something." Chifuyu nodded before running down the street.

Y/n sighed and she began speed-walking, eyes darting around in search of the black-furred feline.

"Where are you, criminal?" She muttered, eyes squinted.