Chapter 12

~Several Days Later~

"It's so cold." Asahi shivered, digging his face into his scarf while keeping his hands shoved in his pockets.

"I thought you liked the cold." Y/n snorted, letting out a puff of breath.

"I do, but not this much!" Asahi huffed.

"Well, cheer up! It's almost Christmas, y'know. Where's your jolly spirit?" Y/n grinned as she wiggled her fingers.

"It's dead like my pet hamster. Can we please buy something hot to drink?" Asahi grumbled.

Y/n sighed, "Sure..."

They entered a cafe and once they finished ordering, they took a seat at a booth. Y/n absentmindedly tapped her fingers on the table as her eyes shifted around while she nodded to whatever Asahi was talking about.

Just then, she noticed a familiar tuft of hair.

"Hey, Asahi. Stay here. I gotta do something real quick." She said, standing.

"Alright. Just don't get into trouble." Asahi said, still trying to warm himself up.

Y/n walked over to where she had gained a hint of interest, and upon peeking over, she grew surprised at the sight of Chifuyu sitting with Kisaki and Hanma.

"Hm? Chifuyu?" She spoke up, revealing herself.

"Huh? Y/n?" Chifuyu flinched. "What're you doing here?!"

"Just came in to warm up. Asahi was complaining about getting frostbite." Y/n said, pointing to the table where the male sat.

"Anyways, why're you here?" She asked.

"Can I not be here...?!" Chifuyu slightly stammered as he tried to keep a composed act.

"I have no problem, just..." Y/n said as she raised her hands.

Her eyes shifted over to Kisaki and Hanma, one watching with a blank expression and the other one amused.

"...didn't think you three were close. Kinda thought it was the opposite." She said.

"We just had something to discuss...! Nothing important though. Just...boy things." Chifuyu awkwardly coughed before slamming his face on the table as his face burned red.

Y/n furrowed her brows, Kisaki scrunched up his face, and Hanma burst out laughing.

"Alright...I'll leave you to it." Y/n slowly nodded.

"Bye-bye." She gave a small wave to the three before retreating to where Asahi sat.

"Right on time. The drinks were just now brought." Asahi said as he gently blew at his drink.

"Kinda glad we stopped by. I really need this right now." Y/n said, blowing at her drink.

"See. I'm always right." Asahi snorted.

"Yeah, yeah." Y/n rolled her eyes before taking a sip.

She immediately recoiled as the heat hit her tongue.

"Still so hot...!" She muttered.

"Drink it like a man!" Asahi said, forcing down a gulp despite how much it burned.

"More like an idiot." Y/n deadpanned, watching him slap his hands over his mouth.

"So painful but it tastes wonderful." Asahi said with a muffled voice.

"Anyways, who were you talking to?" He asked.

"Just Chifuyu. He was, strangely, with Hanma and Kisaki." Y/n replied.